The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and no players involved? :D :D

Liverpool's title challenge. already gone.

I'm already calling it!

like those election nights, the networks all trying to outdo each other being the first to report it.

well guess what ****heads? I'm first! :D

Alonso controlls the tempo, allows midfield dominanace. He is irreplaceable I'm afraid.

And I can't see Liverpool bringing anyone decent enough in.

Apollo, I agree with you.

We're completely ****ed and set for a year of oblivion. (Aren't they all)

But a very different view of yours compared to before last season.

i'm not entirely sure why Chelsea want Pirlo so bad. Other than the fact that are well stocked in central midfield, i can't see him being anywhere near as effective in the EPL as he is in Serie A
for mancienne and pizarro + what about 5 million?

he's probably a replacement for Ballack/a rival.

I don't know what formation Ancelotti has been playing??

I suppose he might even squeeze 4 central midfielders into his best XI.

Deco, Pirlo, Ballack, Lampard, Mikel and Essien isn't a bad lot to choose from if that's the case.

Signing isn't really taking care of their most urgent needs though. (although, to be fair they easily have the least of all the title contenders)

According to recent interviews with Ancelotti in the papers it's the pretty and shiny formation this season. Don't know how Pirlo will get a game either...

Joe Cole still has future at Chelsea, says Carlo Ancelotti
The Italian confirmed he intends to employ the midfield diamond with which he experimented on the recent pre-season tour of the United States when the campaign proper begins next month.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/28/joe-cole-chelsea-tactics-carlo-ancelotti

So I take it Abramovic has given up his dream of playing sexy football and is just keen on winning things again.

If the price AC is quoting is in the ballpark of what Chelsea will be paying then I guess it's worth it. I still don't think Pirlo will be that effective though. It's going to be fun watching him play in the EPL and whinge about how "footballers aren't allowed to play here" when he isn't given 5 minutes to make each and every pass. Ancelotti clearly hasn't done his homework if he thinks playing that formation will win him the title. When was the last time a team won the title without having an elite wide man?

LOL... So the lube wasn't used then.

Not even a courtesy spit. :thumbsdown:

It's interesting though cause when you look at it, half of the 4m you guys paid for him went to Real anyway, so they only REALLY paid 2m for him, and in return they got him years of experience in the EPL and CL. Very smart, and it pains me to say that about Real.

Not even a courtesy spit. :thumbsdown:

It's interesting though cause when you look at it, half of the 4m you guys paid for him went to Real anyway, so they only REALLY paid 2m for him, and in return they got him years of experience in the EPL and CL. Very smart, and it pains me to say that about Real.

I just wonder what this means for Sergio Ramos... or do they plan to play Airblower at LB?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems strange though. He surely is going to be their first choice left back.

Surely LB? He is by far the best LB option they have (that says ALOT right there!). Sergio "neeeeeighhh" Ramos is doing well in the RB position and he is an important member of the team. Heinze on the other hand is one of the worst players in the world, and has been told he is excess to club needs.

But they've done something they needed to do...

They can go and buy all these big name international stars, but they got a Spanish player, and a player who can play in defence, who is more than an adequate defender and could easily slot in at RB should 'Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiigh' miss some games.

He's far better than Heinze, Marcelo, Drenthe or whatever rubbish Madrid put out at LB.

Ramos - Pepe/Garay - Albiol - Arbeloa

Not all that bad.

I read they're not happy with Garay's progress recently and that they were trying to sell him to Juve. In his place they'd sign a young CB from South America, can't remember name/nationality.

Mascherano's brother and agent has said in an interview on Spanish radio that Javier wants to move to Spain for private reasons. He said he wants to join Barcelona and that Liverpool has promised they'd cooperate if Barcelona came in with a good offer.

Several Spanish and German media say Hleb is close to agreeing terms with Stuttgart. Because of this Barcelona would have to pay 4-5m euro more to Inter for Ibra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back