Preview The Swans Redemption Arc Goes On - Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't buy they played their GF this week or they will be tired or any of that stuff. They are a high effort side, and they start hot when they're on. The key is to be with them on the scoreboard mid way through the second qtr, if we are you'd back us to work our way on top and should run out the game better from there. Their best chance is build an early lead and defend it or hope it breaks us mentally.
The first qtr and a bit are the danger period imo. Especially given what happened last time, as we saw tonight history can repeat and be a 1% thing, if they were to kick the first 3 or 4 doubt might creep in. Kicking an early goal or 2 will be important.

Don't buy they played their GF this week or they will be tired or any of that stuff. They are a high effort side, and they start hot when they're on. The key is to be with them on the scoreboard mid way through the second qtr, if we are you'd back us to work our way on top and should run out the game better from there. Their best chance is build an early lead and defend it or hope it breaks us mentally.
The first qtr and a bit are the danger period imo. Especially given what happened last time, as we saw tonight history can repeat and be a 1% thing, if they were to kick the first 3 or 4 doubt might creep in. Kicking an early goal or 2 will be important.

Well look if Port start 4 goals to 0 etc will be a here we go feeling.

The 8-0 record since 2016 is interesting. We never play them twice, 5 of the last 6 are Port home games, they rarely come to Sydney to play us. We never get to 100 in the losses, **** only passed 80 once.

I think it means **** all either way

Our best player rating wise the last 5 v Port is.....Callum Mills.

Houston has killed us though..

Well look if Port start 4 goals to 0 etc will be a here we go feeling.

The 8-0 record since 2016 is interesting. We never play them twice, 5 of the last 6 are Port home games, they rarely come to Sydney to play us. We never get to 100 in the losses, **** only passed 80 once.

I think it means **** all either way

Our best player rating wise the last 5 v Port is.....Callum Mills.

Houston has killed us though..
We need to find a way to mitigate him. Backline will have to put on their big boy pants and work their arse off.

I'm with the 'last 8 games aren't relevant' crowd... some of those game go back years and half our team hadn't debuted! If you go back to the 10 games prior to that we won 8/10, so over the last 18 games were slightly in front... all just rubbish and not relevant to this game! Finals are a completely different beast...

I've no idea who'll win, according to the stats we play remarkably similar games... so in my view, it's likely to come down to who can go hardest for longest, and that is likely to be us!

Go Swannies!!! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:
1726346669902.png

1726346740583.png

Probably the best possible match up to lose Mills, as their forward line will be Georgiades, Rioli and not much else. I'd pretty strongly consider playing Adams for some extra grunt.

Port are going to try and bring the high pressure tackling that kept hawthorn goalless in the first quarter, an extra strong body in the guts definitely wouldn't hurt.

Feeling weirdly zen about this one. If we can't beat Port on our home deck after a week's rest we have no business being anywhere near a grand final.
Yep. Despite my relentless efforts to whip myself into a frenzy of anxiety, my beatific serenity endures throughout the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's talk they're seriously thinking about bringing Kane Farrell back, after they ruled him out for the season back at the end of August with a severe hamstring injury...

If we win the flag u have to change your username to Vermilion Ivory.
What about the cream, the white, the off white, the beige or the bone? And surely crimson is a live option.

Crimson Bone. Now there’s a name you can set your watch by.

Last edited:
We have form in terms of risking players welfare so absolutely a chance

Maybe Horse and Hinkley will meet an agree on how many injured players each will pick

Feeling weirdly zen about this one. If we can't beat Port on our home deck after a week's rest we have no business being anywhere near a grand final.
Yup, this. No fears about this one.

If we're good enough, we'll get the job done against Port.

I hope the headlines read something along the lines of "150 point turn around since their last encounter"... 200 point turn around would be better, but I'll take a 120 point turn around if we've gotta do it the hard way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview The Swans Redemption Arc Goes On - Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back