Preview The Swans Redemption Arc Goes On - Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to love the main board sentiment that if it's Geelong and Sydney it will just be the same score as 2022

Both teams are different to back then.

Geelong have I think 7 or 8 out from that side.

We have matured vastly in that time.

But let's get through this week first.

Both teams are different to back then.

Geelong have I think 7 or 8 out from that side.

We have matured vastly in that time.

But let's get through this week first.

Hey you promised me we win the prelim

Honestly our flag chances decrease if Brisbane get over Geelong.. Brisbane have the wood on us

Yeah but we have had 2 home games in 11 years against Brisbane doesn't help.

Harry C to Willie Rioli. Rampe to Georgiades? They are their two biggest threats up forward. Melican and McCartin to negate the big boys Ratagalea and Dixon presumably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who do people think we will bring in for Mills, I am guessing probably Adams but maybe Cleary?
Huge question but it starts with McInerney's knee.
If McInerney is fit and chosen, the choices to replace Mills are (mostly):
1) One for one Fox, with either Adams or Campbell sub.
2) Campbell in and move Florent or Lloyd back, Adams or Fox sub.
3) Adams in, move Florent or Lloyd back, Campbell sub. Foxy misses.
If McInerney is not fit then we need to bring in two of Fox, Adams or Campbell, the third most likely to be the sub. I would do it in that order to reinforce the midfield but many would disagree.
I wouldn't bring in Cleary for anything other than sub and only if one of those three more experienced players is unfit.

Adams be handy if he plays mid though , against there mid group

Fox can play mills role but provide some run also

Few options
I reckon Campbell comes in to the b22.. so the question is who plays sub?
I would like to see either Adams or Cleary.. the team is versatile enough to cover for Mills (Lloyd, Florent etc etc etc), so prob dont need Foxs versatility.
Adams to Mid - Gulden, Heeney, Warner, Campbell can all go forward (Adams can play forward, but I dont rate him there)
Adams to Mid - Cambell, JMac can go back.
Cleary to Mid - fresh legs and hes very tenacious (and quick) so could shut down to a degree someone like Butters or Rozee
Cleary to pressure forward or high half forward - and Paps can spend time playing higher.

Then theres Fox.. not the worst situation to be in.. Swans should cover for Mills pretty well

Horse may just lock Campbell in as sub permanently and jump Fox or Adams past him.

He didnt seem to like Fox back if the three tall defenders were there this year, so I would a bit surprised if he comes in, but happy with it.

I think Adams for Mills is what they do for the 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview The Swans Redemption Arc Goes On - Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back