Preview The Swans Redemption Arc Goes On - Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I would probably move Mcinerney to sub so he does not have to play a full game. And Campbell into the starting 22.

Then Fox replace Mills to allow Rampe to play as a smaller defender and Blakey to have less defensive responsibility. But I think they would also consider Adams if they are worried about Port's midfield winning contested possession.
I'd be happy if McInerney doesn't play at all if he can't keep up the pace for a full game. We simply can't take the chance.

Port is no.1 in the comp for ….. deliberately head butting the turf when tackled.

Willie Rioli is the master of it.

The biggest danger is that Stevic, Gianfagna & co. decide to reward Port’s theatrics.

Could be 8 “high contact” goals … and the subsequent fine Rioli cops (again) for staging won’t mean a thing.
Sorry? Did I hear you right? Are those our appointed umpires?

I would go for Adams in for Mills. Going to need the grunt work in the midfield. Horse does talk about match ups a lot etc so wouldn't surprise me if its Fox and he goes to one of their talls. That's the big question. Do you play Fox on one of the talls and then that puts him on Mead.

McCartin - Dixon
Melican - Georgiades
Blakey - Ratugolea
Cunningham - Rioli
Rampe - Byrne-Jones
Florent - Mead

Boak to me looks cherry ripe for the picking. Lloyd will most likely get him and will be able to get off the leash the other way.

If you make Parker sub he can come in when the pace fades and the going gets tough with fresh legs. Otherwise Port will just run it out of defence with him and three talls.

I really hope Jmac is fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port fans on facebook mostly seem to think they get to start the game 112 points ahead thanks to the last game.
I do like it that a few of them keep pointing to the fact that they have the "EXACT SAME SIDE" that beat us by 112 a month ago (minus Houston and the other defender guy) so they should be able to walk it in.

But they neglect acknowledging we were playing a side with Ladhams and Francis FFS. And we were missing Rampe, Papley, Amartey, McInerney and Melican.

Same thing happened last year when a couple of key defenders were injured mid game. Losing defenders wrecks our structure.

Caiden Cleary is well ahead of Wicks. He has him covered imo.
Not sure if I've missed something re Cleary, not trying to take anything away from the kid but all i saw was a couple of stock standard promising but hardly unbelievable performances that was neither bad nor amazing for what is expected of a 19 yr old. Any less than what we saw and I would've been disappointed. He is no where near Wicks, having an absolute laugh saying he's 'well ahead' let alone ahead at all. There is absolutely 0 chance Cleary gets into a prelim/gf ahead of Wicks if it were to come down to that - which it probably won't anyway.

Hi all, I come in peace. Just wondering where the away cheer squad sits for finals at the SCG. My tickets are in bay 47
I think that will be a Port bay. That's the bay the GWS cheer squad was in for the first semi so I assume it will be the same for this game.

Not sure if I've missed something re Cleary, not trying to take anything away from the kid but all i saw was a couple of stock standard promising but hardly unbelievable performances that was neither bad nor amazing for what is expected of a 19 yr old. Any less than what we saw and I would've been disappointed. He is no where near Wicks, having an absolute laugh saying he's 'well ahead' let alone ahead at all. There is absolutely 0 chance Cleary gets into a prelim/gf ahead of Wicks if it were to come down to that - which it probably won't anyway.
You're only as good as your last game, and Wicks has been well below what he is capable of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview The Swans Redemption Arc Goes On - Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back