Preview The Swans Redemption Arc Goes On - Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I do like it that a few of them keep pointing to the fact that they have the "EXACT SAME SIDE" that beat us by 112 a month ago (minus Houston and the other defender guy) so they should be able to walk it in.

But they neglect acknowledging we were playing a side with Ladhams and Francis FFS. And we were missing Rampe, Papley, Amartey, McInerney and Melican.

Same thing happened last year when a couple of key defenders were injured mid game. Losing defenders wrecks our structure.
Believe me, we’re not confident.

I was surprised looking at the team the last time we played Port - Ladhams, Wicks, Fox, Francis, Corey Warner, Adams and Mills all played. Things will (hopefully) look quite different this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly hope we are switched on, and at this time of year it goes without saying you need to respect the opposition .

Port have an outstanding midfield.
They will go in with a similar game plan as they used against Hawthorn, just like the Giants did to the Swans. The Hawks struggled to get the ball to the outside as did the Swans.
Hopefully the players have picked up on the lift in intensity and make the adjustment early on.

They will go in with a similar game plan as they used against Hawthorn, just like the Giants did to the Swans. The Hawks struggled to get the ball to the outside as did the Swans.
Hopefully the players have picked up on the lift in intensity and make the adjustment early on.
There pressure was really up in the first

Gotta hold strong opening 15

There pressure was really up in the first

Gotta hold strong opening 15
Ports pressure in the first half was fantastic - 2 port players in a tackle for every 1 Hawks player. Didn't give them time to get their quick handball game going and ratttled them.

We better handle it better and keep evens or its going to be another nailbiter.

Ports pressure in the first half was fantastic - 2 port players in a tackle for every 1 Hawks player. Didn't give them time to get their quick handball game going and ratttled them.

We better handle it better and keep evens or its going to be another nailbiter.
We gotta handling it better than the gws game

Assuming JMac plays, I would start Campbell for Mills and push Florent back. Adams the sub.

Fresh legs definitely played a part in Campbell's impact last week, but strike while the iron - and his confidence - is hot. Give him licence to push forward and run Port ragged. Bringing Adams on when the game slows down may work to his advantage like Parker's sub appearances.

Fox's versatility is nice, but I just don't think he's had great form this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview The Swans Redemption Arc Goes On - Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back