Event The Sweet Olympic Games II

Remove this Banner Ad

I would've liked to post a nail-biting clash for the Medal games, but East Side spoiled it by going 19-0 in the first half against Gold City and it ruined the whole mood.

Although, Gold City starts the 2nd half converting a try but East Side stay in control and Gold City's second try comes too late to be of any trouble, then East Side score another try just to put the knife in.

East Side 26
Gold City 12

Congrats East Side, you're in the lead on the medal tally for 5 minutes.

Game starts and the Gumbies start it off by converting a try the moment they get control of the ball. The Dragons respond by getting 2 tries of their own but can't convert either of them. The Dragons enter the half-time break 10-7 but you'd want to kick straight.

2nd half starts and the Gumbies convert a try, they're up 14-10. The Dragons finally convert try of their own, Dragons lead by 3 again. The Gumbies answer with another converted try, both teams are just attacking the rugby and the scores are 21-17 the Gumbies way.

The Gumbies do some defensive work but the Dragons refuse to cough up the ball, the clock is ticking down, something has to give. Dragons give it one more push, they get through, score the try and get the conversion. Everyone is spend at this point, the whistle goes and the Dragons get the first Gold Medal of the Games, beating the Gumbies in the Rugby 7s final 24 to 21.

Congrats to DragoDelph Greenery Bonz Ligma Pie 4 Life Ljp86 Drizzy on this victory.

He's my mentor, like the old Chinese guy who taught kung fu kid. Though i'm getting a bit suspicious, after i painted his fence he got me painting all his mates fences, and they've all been giving him slabs, and all that painting isn't improving my swimming or skateboarding.

Hey bud, you missed a little of that "wax off" on my car...

4x100m Freestyle New
Swimming_pictogram.svg.png
Fun Fact: Braklet isn't in this event because he can't play guitar.

It's the first individual medal event. Kind of. 4 people get the medal individually. This will happen after we have some semi-finals so that the final is only 8 teams and we get that to happen with me rolling 1 6-sided die over and over again until each team has reached a score of 400. I know what I'm doing (I don't), but the question is "Do the competitors know what they're doing?"

The semi-final heats look like this:
Semi-Final 1
Lane 3 Vampires
Lane 4 Mount Buller
Lane 5 Sin City
Lane 6 Ophidian
Lane 7 Coney Island

Semi-Final 2
Lane 2 Las Vegas
Lane 3 Dragons
Lane 4 West Coast
Lane 5 Fighting
Lane 6 Gumbies
Lane 7 Baghdad​

FYI;

Semi-Final 2 was closer but was it quicker than Semi-Final 1?

------Las Vegas 3:27.5
------Dragons 3:27.8
-West Coast 3:22.9
----------Fighting 3:31.7
Gumbies 3:21.7
-----Baghdad 3:26.2

Not at all, that saves the skin for some of those in Semi-Final 1.

H1 Mount Buller 03:18.6
H2 Gumbies 03:21.7
H2 West Coast 03:22.9
H1 Sin City 03:24.3
H1 Vampires 03:25.0
H1 Coney Island 03:25.3
H1 Ophidian 03:26.1
H2 Baghdad 03:26.2

Will the Demons replicate their Semi-Final run? Is Baghdad sandbagging to save energy for the final? I cannot wait to find out.

It's the final of the 4x100m Freestyle already, will the right team win? Probably not, let's be honest.

The swimmers go on the block, the referee shoots the starter's pistol and we're off to the races, folks. Mount Buller replicating their semi-final form early but there's plenty of time for an upset.

Mount Buller
------Gumbies
-----West Coast
-Sin City
----Vampires
--Coney Island
---------Ophidian
--Baghdad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 swimmer down, 3 to go and I wish I had actually written down who was swimming in which leg.

Lane 1 Mount Buller
Lane 2 -----Gumbies
Lane 3 -----West Coast
Lane 4 -Sin City
Lane 5 -----Vampires
Lane 6 --Coney Island
Lane 7 --------Ophidian
Lane 8 --Baghdad

1 swimmer down, 3 to go and I wish I had actually written down who was swimming in which leg.

Lane 1 Mount Buller
Lane 2 -----Gumbies
Lane 3 -----West Coast
Lane 4 -Sin City
Lane 5 -----Vampires
Lane 6 --Coney Island
Lane 7 --------Ophidian
Lane 8 --Baghdad
Glad that by the end of the first lap, we’ve worked out it’s a relay.

Makes all the difference

To whoever it is that's leaving garlic cloves all around the Vamps change room: Ha ha, very funny. Expect a firmly worded letter from Millky95's lawyers.

That was me. I wanted us not to miss the start and Bradesmaen was refusing to leave the changing room until he was ‘in the zone’

150m: Sin City hits the lead but the Swampies don't have a lead as Coney Island is right beside them. Mount Buller still in a podium placing here as Baghdad and Pennsylvania challenge for a chance at Bronze.

Lane 1 -Mount Buller
Lane 2 -------Gumbies
Lane 3 -----West Coast
Lane 4 Sin City
Lane 5 ----Vampires
Lane 6 Coney Island
Lane 7 ---------Ophidian
Lane 8 --Baghdad

150m: Sin City hits the lead but the Swampies don't have a lead as Coney Island is right beside them. Mount Buller still in a podium placing here as Baghdad and Pennsylvania challenge for a chance at Bronze.

Lane 1 -Mount Buller
Lane 2 -------Gumbies
Lane 3 -----West Coast
Lane 4 Sin City
Lane 5 ----Vampires
Lane 6 Coney Island
Lane 7 ---------Ophidian
Lane 8 --Baghdad
...BUT HERE COMES THE WONDERS!!!

right?

200m: The Half Way Mark and it is still a 3-way race for first between Sin City, Coney Island and Mount Buller

Lane 1 -Mount Buller
Lane 2 ------Gumbies
Lane 3 -----West Coast
Lane 4 Sin City
Lane 5 -----Vampires
Lane 6 -Coney Island
Lane 7 ------------Ophidian
Lane 8 ----Baghdad

250m: It's Coney Island's turn to have the lead here, the others are starting to tail off or have the Warriors and Swamprats gone too early?

Lane 1 ----Mount Buller
Lane 1 --------Gumbies
Lane 1 -------West Coast
Lane 1 --Sin City
Lane 1 -------Vampires
Lane 1 Coney Island
Lane 1 ---------------Ophidian
Lane 1 -----Baghdad

300m: We're down to one swimmer now, it comes down to this, insert other sporting cliché line and the Warriors are powering ahead now. Sin City has almost gone back to 4th place and Mount Buller might get to decide which colour medal they want.

Lane 1 ---Mount Buller
Lane 2 ---------Gumbies
Lane 3 ---------West Coast
Lane 4 ------Sin City
Lane 5 ---------Vampires
Lane 6 Coney Island
Lane 7 -----------------Ophidian
Lane 8 -------Baghdad

350m: It's now or nothing, the Demons are 1.68 seconds behind, they could still win this but it might only be if Coney Island gets complacent in the water here.

Lane 1 --Mount Buller
Lane 2 -----Gumbies
Lane 3 ------West Coast
Lane 4 ----Sin City
Lane 5 -------Vampires
Lane 6 Coney Island
Lane 7 ---------------Ophidian
Lane 8 -----Baghdad

Remove this Banner Ad

Event The Sweet Olympic Games II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back