Discussion The Things That Make Us.

Remove this Banner Ad

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nick Riewoldt is a St Kilda icon. He joined the club as the AFL's number one draft pick in 2000 .With 336 games to his name, 220 of them as captain, 718 goals and the AFL record of 2944 marks, there is a reason Nick Riewoldt is not only a St Kilda Football Club legend but also an AFL legend. Along the way he's won the Leigh Matthews Trophy as the league's most valuable player, won St Kilda's Best and Fairest six times, and been selected as an All Australian five times. Yet his life off the field has had its share of controversy and tragedy - from the notorious stolen photo of Riewoldt that was posted on-line by a seventeen-year-old girl suffering mental health issues to the long-term terminal illness of his beloved sister and her death in early 2015.

Nick Riewoldt is an out-and-out champion. He's also a man whose intelligence and insight allow him a deeply fascinating perspective on his life and career. The Things that Make Us is Nick's autobiography, and it's as powerful, interesting and compelling as the author himself.

Nick Riewoldt is one of St Kilda's greatest and most-respected AFL players. A percentage of proceeds of his autobiography are being donated to the charity Maddie Riewoldt Vision (bone marrow disease charity).

The Western Saints, in partnership with Boffins Books and the Game Sports Bar, are proud to present to An Evening with Nick Riewoldt to St Kilda Football Club’s WA supporters. The night will include Nick speaking of his new book The Things That Make Us.

Join us for a unique opportunity to meet and hear from one of the AFL’s most respected players. $5 from every book sold (until 30 November, 2017) will be donated to Maddie Riewoldt’s Vision. Tickets can be purchased via the following link: https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?id=313054&camefrom=EMCL_1843121_73793267

When
Wednesday, 25 October
6:15pm for a 6:30pm start
Concludes at 8:30pm
Where
The Game Sports Bar
90 Aberdeen Street, Northbridge, WA 6003

COST
Single adult $15.00
Single adult plus book $50
Single child $5.00
Single child plus book $40.00

Not sure if "own thread" worthy but thought I'd post some information here about Nick Riewoldt's impending book, The Things That Make Us.

Info on the book here, due to be published soon.

For Sydney based fans (or those expected to be in Sydney around November):

An Evening with Nick Riewoldt - Interview and Book Signing
Thursday, November 9 at 7 PM - 9 PM

Camelia Grove Hotel
146 Henderson Rd, Alexandria NSW, Sydney, Australia 2015

No doubt there will be other "evenings" around the country, might be handy if any others that know when it's happening in your city / state / region to post info here about the various nights.

For Sydney based fans (or those expected to be in Sydney around November):

An Evening with Nick Riewoldt - Interview and Book Signing
Thursday, November 9 at 7 PM - 9 PM

Camelia Grove Hotel
146 Henderson Rd, Alexandria NSW, Sydney, Australia 2015

Facebook link

these are some of the Known events around Australia and Victoria- with proposed publication date being Oct 23rd -Nick will be on his toes for the following couple of weeks

Oct 24th - Dymocks Melbourne City- book signing

Oct 25th- WA - Supporter group and Game bar and Boffins books - Evening event
Oct 26th - WA- Dymocks Booragoon book signing

Oct 27th - SA- Lunch at Highway Hotel event
- early evening Burnside Library- chat and signing

Oct 29th - Sandringham Festival - Morning signing
Oct 29th - Chadstone- Dymocks book signing

Oct 31st - Beaumaris Books evening with Nick event

Nov 1st - Burnie afternoon book signing
Nov 2nd - Devonport - book store morning signings
Nov 2nd- Launceston - afternoon signings
Nov 3rd - Hobart- afternoon Shopping centre Dymocks signings
BREAKFAST 7am Wrest Point event

Nov 8th - Ballarat Lunchtime Book signing
Evening - Geelong Library Chat and sign

Nov 9th - Sydney - evening event Carmelia grove
Nov 10th - Gold Coast- Southport Sharks HQ- book signiing

Nov 12th- Croydon- Collins books lunch time Book signing
- Cowes/ Phillip Island - evening event ball Coast supporters group

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and you can order through MRV
"Pre-ordered copies of "The Things That Make Us" are still available. Orders placed before 30/09/17 will receive their copy personally signed by Nick, + free postage. Most importantly, purchasing your copy through Maddie's Vision will ensure all profits go directly to making Maddie Riewoldt's Vision come true. Orders can be placed through Maddie's Vision website (link in bio) 'thethingsthatmakeus' "

I only found out the other night that the great man has taken like 20% more contested marks than anyone else in the history of the game..

Crazy. I always thought he was seriously underrated in this area, his one on one work specifically. Commentators would always harp on about Cloke, or Jono Brown, but Roo has them all covered by miles. What a player.

these are some of the Known events around Australia and Victoria- with proposed publication date being Oct 23rd -Nick will be on his toes for the following couple of weeks
Thanks for posting all the details Flyingsaint and also the details on how to pre order.

Nick will be burning the rubber.....I hope his book sales go ballistic.

Until st_trav mentioned Nick's book last week....I'd never heard of it or any plans for a book.

just an update with the Western Saints, GSB and Boffins Books event - Boffins Books have announced that $5 from the sale of each book will go directly to the MRV ....

Thanks for posting all the details Flyingsaint and also the details on how to pre order.

Nick will be burning the rubber.....I hope his book sales go ballistic.

Until st_trav mentioned Nick's book last week....I'd never heard of it or any plans for a book.
we found out about the book quiet early thanks to our friends at Boffins... the thing was if the release date was going to be this year or next.... we kinda got the inside scoop that Rooey was retiring once we knew the book launch was this year

your contacts haven't said anything about a QLD visit have they Trav?
no independent stores in Qld have requested a book launch apparently... i know that Dymocks is the major retailer across the country that is running with it so maybe they will be getting him over but so far ive heard nothing ... sorry

Oct 24th - Dymocks Melbourne City- book signing

Oct 25th- WA - Supporter group and Game bar and Boffins books - Evening event
Oct 26th - WA- Dymocks Booragoon book signing

Oct 27th - SA- Lunch at Highway Hotel event
- early evening Burnside Library- chat and signing

Oct 29th - Sandringham Festival - Morning signing
Oct 29th - Chadstone- Dymocks book signing

Oct 31st - Beaumaris Books evening with Nick event

Nov 2nd - Devonport - book store morning signings
Nov 2nd- Launceston - afternoon signings
Nov 3rd - Hobart- afternoon Shopping centre Dymocks signings
BREAKFAST 7am Wrest Point event

Nov 8th - Ballarat Lunchtime Book signing
Evening - Geelong Library Chat and sign

Nov 9th - Sydney - evening event Carmelia grove

Nov 12th- Croydon- Collins books lunch time Book signing
- Cowes/ Phillip Island - evening event ball Coast supporters group
Thanks mate

the WA book launch is fast approching with the massive response from the WA members (event sold out in 1 week) it has been decided that we are holding a second event on the 26th of October at the Game Sports bar following the exact same format...

the WA book launch is fast approching with the massive response from the WA members (event sold out in 1 week) it has been decided that we are holding a second event on the 26th of October at the Game Sports bar following the exact same format...
well done
I feel many will sell out- or have queues

Qld event added
Nov 10th - Gold Coast evening at Sharks HQ - book signing

:question::question::question::question:ok guys ... ive put this out to Western Saints members so i thought i would extend it out to you guys as well ... With the WA event we are having a Q&A session from the fans so im putting it out to you campaigners if you have any burning questions you want to ask the great man Nick Riewoldt ??
ill report back the answers to the questions aske on here after the event ....
so fire away ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Things That Make Us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back