Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sorry to hear that life’s pretty crap right now

Why can’t you lodge an unfair dismissal complaint

Fair Work Act says there are no unfair dismissal protections in your first six months of employment.

Thanks for the sympathy - TFN and RSA both got sorted today, and we both applied for a bunch of jobs, so hopefully things are on the up.

Fair Work Act says there are no unfair dismissal protections in your first six months of employment.

Thanks for the sympathy - TFN and RSA both got sorted today, and we both applied for a bunch of jobs, so hopefully things are on the up.

Sorry to hear and read and your situation. Fingers crossed for you

Took my 3 yr old dog in to have surgery on what the vet thought was a damaged salivary gland. Turns out he’s got an aggressive intrusive lipoma. They removed a kilo of fatty tissue from his neck. Vet hopes he got enough of it out but there is a high chance it comes back and if it does he’ll only have a couple of years to live ☹️.

Took my 3 yr old dog in to have surgery on what the vet thought was a damaged salivary gland. Turns out he’s got an aggressive intrusive lipoma. They removed a kilo of fatty tissue from his neck. Vet hopes he got enough of it out but there is a high chance it comes back and if it does he’ll only have a couple of years to live ☹️.
May he and you give each other the bestest years m8y

my daughters friend was slung tackled in footy on the weekend, got up then had a seizure, he’s now in hospital in a coma, took him out of the coma and he had a seizure again, so they induced him into a coma again. You don’t expect this stuff to happen at kids sport ☹️.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my daughters friend was slung tackled in footy on the weekend, got up then had a seizure, he’s now in hospital in a coma, took him out of the coma and he had a seizure again, so they induced him into a coma again. You don’t expect this stuff to happen at kids sport ☹️.
The boy is now out of the coma and responding, long road of recovery ahead but thankfully he made it.

that's incredibly sad :(

My son is about to farewell his old dog in the next few days 😢
it's bloody terrible and hard to get over - I got a second Westie because Fyfey and I both have separation anxiety. It helped with Fyfey's separation anxiety, but not mine lol. I am going to Europe for 5 weeks and already sad about it.

We had to say goodbye to an old boy 18 months ago. He was 16, and had a great life, but they are family :(

My thoughts are with your son x

Footy. When the Roos went downhill initially, I was shitty. North had been decent, if not quite good in the years prior.

2 or so years ago it became funny, because it was absurd how bad things had started to get. That period was almost great - there was no expectation and when something occasionally went right it was good for a laugh.

Now I feel like it's fully wrapped around again, and it makes me genuinely sad that something I used to really enjoy has been ruined for me lol

Footy. When the Roos went downhill initially, I was shitty. North had been decent, if not quite good in the years prior.

2 or so years ago it became funny, because it was absurd how bad things had started to get. That period was almost great - there was no expectation and when something occasionally went right it was good for a laugh.

Now I feel like it's fully wrapped around again, and it makes me genuinely sad that something I used to really enjoy has been ruined for me lol
Footy supporting sucks for many people. Your list isn’t too bad. As a port supporter I dislike Hinkley and the mental weakness our team. Look at the crows too utterly inept at the moment, average recruiting is costing them and nicks is a Hinkley type too. I feel your pain.

I was cuddling my 3 year old Westie last night and got sad about how dogs don't last forever
Your post made me look up this article about pets and mortality that was recommended on a sports podcast I listen to 😭

This podcast is basically that article in audio form (and not protected by a pay wall)

Remove this Banner Ad

Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back