Out: Pick 5/6 + Casbolt, Garlett

St Kilda
In: pick 5/6 + Casbolt
Out: pick 1

GWS
In: pick 1 & Garlett
Out: Boyd

Win win wn for all.

So we trade two players AND our first rounder to get Boyd in return ??

That's not paying overs, surely !!

I'd say it's win-win for Carlton & GWS. But St Kilda would be dumb enough to do that deal :p

Is this on the cards?
Recruiters suggesting that the top 7 picks are pretty even Estal. Essentially Saints get a key forward with a drop down in selections + stay at the top end of this draft.

Recruiters suggesting that the top 7 picks are pretty even Estal. Essentially Saints get a key forward with a drop down in selections + stay at the top end of this draft.

Well then, after that bombshell I can't even remember that we lost by 100 points.

Does Boyd want to come?

So we trade two players AND our first rounder to get Boyd in return ??

That's not paying overs, surely !!
Garlett is gone regardless, and to get quality you need to give something up. Again I say it's a win win for all involved. Our list management has pinpointed that we will be too top heavy with Kreuzer and Casbolt in the same side.

Garlett is gone regardless, and to get quality you need to give something up. Again I say it's a win win for all involved. Our list management has pinpointed that we will be too top heavy with Kreuzer and Casbolt in the same side.

Would Jeffy really agree to go to GWS though?

Any chance of shipping Warnock off too?

I don't disagree with you about having to give something to get something.

On the surface, it looks like we are selling the farm the way that one is structured, I reckon we come out of it the worst of all three clubs actually.

True. But we get the best key fwd prospect in the last 10 years. What do we lose a good draft pick, an erratic small fwd and Levi.

Would rather keep Levi than lose him, but if that's the price so be it.

I think we all need to realise as well that Levi at 24 nearly 25 might not have that much more improvement in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say it's win-win for Carlton & GWS. But St Kilda would be dumb enough to do that deal :p

Is this on the cards?

I had the same argument with a St's supporter the other day and they said they wouldn't give up pick 1 for pick 6 and Cas.
I'd do it, but I think the Saint's wouldn't.
GWS would only do that if they knew Boyd was gone next year.
If that's the case, id be more than happy to wait another year and invest all our picks into best available. Take mids and possibly Jaksch and then wait the arrival of Tom next year.

IMO he doesn't, still would have some strong interest from a club or two like the 'Dogs though.

I'm thinking of it like this.

Jeffy - we're going to lose for nothing anyway.

Pick 5 + Levi for Boyd (who has done nothing to detract from his pick 1 status) seems in our favour. Add Jeffy to it and it's pretty fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back