Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a source? Do you meet in the park wearing trenchcoats and exchange briefcases?

Not likely, but it is from a past AFL player with strong ties to the Cloke family.

I don't believe it.

Anybody hear Mark Mclure's comments post match today re Cloke ? "He was saying that Cloke's form and the negotiations don't matter any more as......." then his voice tailed off to a pregnant pause, backtracked before he was asked any questions and finished with:
'"oh I don't know whats going on there".

I got the feeling was trying to give an impression that he was in the know on negotiations with Carlton. Or maybe he's just being Mark Mclure.
I thought he meant it from a Coll perspective. For them now it is all about a tilt at the flag.

Let's just slowly turn into Collingwood! Yeah nuh, some level thinking in what's been a horrid year for us please.

Rumours of Ratts, Sticks, Swann all out are becoming worrying even as rumours.

was talking to a bloke during the week that said G Ablett jnr was happy to sign a GFC jumper for him but not a GC one. Is that a contract thing?

Could be Guns.

I remember meeting Kouta at my mates DVD shop going back 10 years now as he was friends with my mate and was dropping in so he gave me the heads up the day before, i met Kouta there and also took a jumper for him to sign. Kouta did sign it but he told me he could not sign his full name for some sort of reason like a contract thing and could only sign "A Kouta" #43 on it and apologised for not being able to sign his full surname for me.

I was happy either way but thought it was weird that a sponsor/contract/club etc owns the full name and controls what he signs it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty predictable stuff here, but a number of clubs have been enquiring about Kane Lucas. Naturally, the two WA clubs have asked the question, but surprisingly, the word is that the most interest has come from the Western Bulldogs, who have him at virtually #1 on their list. Carlton, at this stage, is not open to any talks, and whilst frustrated, Kane is pretty happy to stay a Blue, which is good news.

Can't think of anything the Bulldogs have that we'd be interested in with the exception of those 2 single-digit draft picks - which would be well and truly off the table

Pretty predictable stuff here, but a number of clubs have been enquiring about Kane Lucas. Naturally, the two WA clubs have asked the question, but surprisingly, the word is that the most interest has come from the Western Bulldogs, who have him at virtually #1 on their list. Carlton, at this stage, is not open to any talks, and whilst frustrated, Kane is pretty happy to stay a Blue, which is good news.

I am quite suprised to hear that, he hasn't really shown much imo.

With the Kane Lucas / Dogs rumour. I do think there are a few players on their list that would make me want to let Kane go. But how's this for an idea:

Kane Lucas and our first round pick (10) and our 2nd round pick (31) for
WB second first round pick (probably pick 6) and their second round pick (27)

I think Kane has a lot to give our club and with a year to go on his contract, am not keen to release him. Pick upgrades like that might help out. Thoughts?

Would not be suprised if a few clubs Essendon/Bulldogs & others do not pursue Lucas at year end, for a high draft pick and mids normally do not take long, he has been disappointing, it really comes down what offers are put forward.

I just got an SMS from a source that told me that both Cloke and Malthouse will be at Carlton next year. :rolleyes:

I am taking it with a grain of salt right now and it must be slow news day in the AFL and rumour mongering.

Actually heard this myself today too, heard it from a friend who works quite high up for a CFC sponsor (not one of the big ones but neverless)

Actually heard this myself today too, heard it from a friend who works quite high up for a CFC sponsor (not one of the big ones but neverless)
Yes heard it again too from a mate I run with on Saturdays (he works for a large corporate and does a bit of entertaining with clients) and nothing confirmed with Cloke, but Malthouse is in the bag.

The funny thing about rumours is that they get a life of their own - everyone starts hearing things heard from someone else - which often is the someone else just passing on the same 'rumour' and passing them on...etc etc - happens all the time in my game.

will be a bit embarassing if the boys squeeze into the semis ( a result many would consider better than last years on its own given injury) and then jag a game or two...!!

what then for Micky Milkshake and any deal /understanding hatched in the darkest hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back