Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Joseph to coach Essendon next season, after Hird steps down. You heard it here first.
The first olayer/coach since jezza?

Plays for Carlton coaches essendon*

Something to do with the fact I used to live in Perth before I headed back over to the UK for another stretch working over here :)

And they talk anything in O'Reilly's :D mostly rugby I know... but sometimes they get into Aussie Rules as well... especially if the weagles or Subi are doing well...

Hard pressed to find too decent pubs in Perth. Went to Geelong though and I can understand why it gets called sleepy hollow with pubs at the end of every street.

Blue Man maybe not pubs but plenty of small bars that are great to hang out in. Plus it depends on your age with the pub culture, but that is another thread entirely.

I've been reading Woosha is about to re-sign with the Eagles, surely not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will rue the day Laidler leaves

I honestly think that we should be keeping him around for another 12 months before writing him off. At least give him this season to recover the confidence in his knee again after the horror of last year.

If he isnt going along as we all know he can be at the end of next year, then we can shuffle him off to whoever wants him.

I honestly think that we should be keeping him around for another 12 months before writing him off. At least give him this season to recover the confidence in his knee again after the horror of last year.

If he isnt going along as we all know he can be at the end of next year, then we can shuffle him off to whoever wants him.
He just needs a crack in the 1s.

He reads the play almost better than anyone else at the club. If Mick gives him a chance in the 1s he wont be disapointed.

Mick just wants one on one players, not zoning players.

Laidler can play as a 1 on 1 third tall who will come off his line to zone in front of one of the main forwards. It's his style of play.

The problem is that he has lost a yard of pace because of his knee and is still working to get it back.

someone correct me if im wrong but wasnt maxwell this sort of player under mick? to me, laidler seems as good if not better at every aspect of the game than maxwell (apart from leadership)?
As is Harry O, Fev tore him a newy in their one on one contests many a time, Heath Shaw was used like that also.

Jason Cloke was another one who thrived as the man loose in the defensive 50 early on, he almost looked serviceable when he never had an opponent.

someone correct me if im wrong but wasnt maxwell this sort of player under mick? to me, laidler seems as good if not better at every aspect of the game than maxwell (apart from leadership)?

That is a big call seeing as maxwell has been an AA. Laider was a gun in 2011 and I agree his role was similar to maxwells, but if you watch the last episode of the blue room you will see McKay stating that Watson wasn't getting a game early in the year because mick wants good 1 on 1 players. So I'm guessing he doesn't see Laider as some who would play that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back