The Transfers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, that contract offer to Sagna is a joke, it's almost as though Arsenal actually want all their best players to leave. Maintaining wage structure is important to an extent but at some point they will have to recognize that if one of their players is in particularly high demand from other clubs then they'll have to play slightly over the market rate to keep them. It's no good Arsene developing these very talented players if they're all at other clubs by the time they hit their peaks and Arsenal don't see any benefit from all the time and coaching that goes into them.

I wouldn't bother, it seems some people stopped watching Johnson play in 2007 and are futilely trying to rehash the "he can't defend" argument which to be honest is absolutely laughable now. He and Enrique are in career best form this season and are absolutely unstoppable at the moment, Rodgers system has definitely got the best out of both of them.

Rafael's improved out of sight this season. He's been very impressive and he's certainly up there, but definitely behind Johnson and Sagna as the best RB's in the league.
I don't really bother with people who bash Johnson about his defending anymore, it's clear they haven't seen him play recently.

best rb's have been johnson, rafael and zaba. sagna's only made a handful of appearances and hasn't looked that good imo. geoff cameron and rangel have impressed me too

Sagna coming back from a leg break was always going to take a bit of time to hit top form but going on his performances season I'd expect him to be back up there soon (if he's even still playing in the Premier League by that time!).

Zabaleta has been good too though I've only watched 8 or 9 of City's games so far, what are your thoughts on the futures of Richards and Lescott given Mancini's preference for Zabaleta, Maicon and Nastasic in defence?

Zabaleta has been good too though I've only watched 8 or 9 of City's games so far, what are your thoughts on the futures of Richards and Lescott given Mancini's preference for Zabaleta, Maicon and Nastasic in defence?

i dont think lescott has a future. he was really good last season, but after his mistake vs qpr he's been in the dog house. his contract expires in 2014 and he'll either be sold or let go. nastasic has been ultra impressive after a few wobbles to begin with, he's genuinely better than lescott these days. micah most definitely has a future, and when fit and firing he's the missing link with the 3 at the back as the right sided cb imo. maicon has been impressive too and he brings the experience and someone who knows really well how to play the wing back role. zabaleta is better defensively but maicon gets up and down the wing easier and some of his crosses are just wonderful. he's integrated into the team fantastically too, taking a pay cut to join us probably didn't hurt. in short, micah future, lescott goneski.

i dont think lescott has a future. he was really good last season, but after his mistake vs qpr he's been in the dog house. his contract expires in 2014 and he'll either be sold or let go. nastasic has been ultra impressive after a few wobbles to begin with, he's genuinely better than lescott these days. micah most definitely has a future, and when fit and firing he's the missing link with the 3 at the back as the right sided cb imo. maicon has been impressive too and he brings the experience and someone who knows really well how to play the wing back role. zabaleta is better defensively but maicon gets up and down the wing easier and some of his crosses are just wonderful. he's integrated into the team fantastically too, taking a pay cut to join us probably didn't hurt. in short, micah future, lescott goneski.

Allows Mancini to choose horses for courses so some games Zabaleta will be preferred, others he'll turn to Richards or Maicon? I guess the difficult job for Mancini becomes convincing the players which aren't starting as often that their role in the team is still highly valued.

Allows Mancini to choose horses for courses so some games Zabaleta will be preferred, others he'll turn to Richards or Maicon? I guess the difficult job for Mancini becomes convincing the players which aren't starting as often that their role in the team is still highly valued.

plus zaba can play anywhere down the right, through the midfield and anywhere across defence. his versatility is invaluable, especially at left back where it looks likely that kolarov will be leaving soon. i don't think there'll be a problem with keeping them happy, there'll always be injuries/suspensions and you join the club knowing you'll be rotated, which for players like maicon wouldn't be the worst thing on the planet.

No idea. Depends what Arsene does. I don't think we will end up as bad as them.

You got Cazorla and Arteta in, but not alot of quality elsewhere. Podolski is ok but nothing special. Compared to your losses it's nothing though.

Hope Wenger buys one big signing soon, Ozil would be perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As one of his critics, I think Johnson has been much improved defensively this season. Has always been a threat going forward.

Zaba has been great for us, Maicon good going forward but a bit suspect in defence. Agree with what Kizza said about the futures of Micah and Lescott. Only thing with Micah is his injury record which is a real black mark with Mancini.

Sagna suffering a bit from not getting a consistent run of games.

I meant progressively shit for 2+ years.

And that table still says we're better.

Not a whole lot to cheer about for either side really. Be interested to see how Arsenal dig themselves out of this one though, no RVP this season and his finishing was probably worth an extra 10 points to you in 2011/12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back