The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have it on the grapvine that Tumba coach is gonna make his old prodigy tk an offer and make the track up the highway. will have to leave friday night if he wanna get to the game on time:D:D:D

Well the 2's comp in the Upper Murray may just be dead and buried i think. If thats the case there will be a few wodonga boys looking for new clubs although i dont know that they'd play seniors in any other comp due to not training for around 5 years.
And if A Carter was at training AND ran a lap sign him up. Thats the first full pre season he's ever done and must be rearing to go out and impress coach Webster.
K. McMahon, A.Carter, T.Kite..... What a forward line!

Well the 2's comp in the Upper Murray may just be dead and buried i think. If thats the case there will be a few wodonga boys looking for new clubs although i dont know that they'd play seniors in any other comp due to not training for around 5 years.
And if A Carter was at training AND ran a lap sign him up. Thats the first full pre season he's ever done and must be rearing to go out and impress coach Webster.
K. McMahon, A.Carter, T.Kite..... What a forward line!
i would think they wont seniors because there skills are rubbish....,not because they have not trained

been doing some research of late and heres the low down on the upcoming upper murray football season. lets start with feds.,they have got no hope what so ever yet again,they wont have a 2nds side and there senior side will be lucky to beat a reserve side,players to fat old and slow.. tumba should continue to improve with there seniors playing finals for the 1st time in years and there 2nds to take out the grand final. corryong will have a chance to beat feds but thats about it,will fight it out with them for wooden spoon and will feild a reserve side for maybe 5 games if they are lucky. border walwa are going to struggle in both grades due to lack of players and lack of intrest from the ones that are playing,might be able to pull off a few upsets if they recruit a few more forwards. cudgewa look set for a better year after struggling in finals last season,will make the granny only to be dissapointed on the day that matters, there 2nds will do about as much as last season with there players geting fatter and slower by the week. bullioh are set for big year yet again with most players sighning on for another year bar a few dimwitts.,will yet again be to quick and there disposal will be next to afl standed,cant see them dropping a game in either grade,would be a great club to be a part of if they wernt such inbred parrasites..:thumbsu:

agree with most of wat u hav said, although i herd feds hav picked up a few players. mass exodus at corryong will see them struggle big time

agree with most of wat u hav said, although i herd feds hav picked up a few players. mass exodus at corryong will see them struggle big time
one would think most people would agree with me,im spot on!! what club you play for? i hope its not bullioh........you know the great man tommy kite???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Adam Bloom is back in Corryong working at Mildren & Coysh. Would be a handy recruit I would have thought. Will he play footy and who with? M&C is a business who support Federals so possibly them. Adam's old man (Rodney) and uncle (John) both played with Corryong and Cudgewa so possibly one of them. He played his junior footy with Cudgewa, but that was a long time ago. Any thoughts?

If Adam Bloom plays anywhere this year it'll be cudgee no doubt about that...

not a player, support feds tho
Who have you guys picked up for the upcoming season? Any chance of a Paul Nugent comeback? What are your chances of fielding a competitive reserve grade side?:confused::confused::confused:

Also heard of a reliable source there have been a mass exodus of players from Border-Walwa and at this stage look like they'll struggle to have a competitive side in '09.:)

Who have you guys picked up for the upcoming season? Any chance of a Paul Nugent comeback? What are your chances of fielding a competitive reserve grade side?:confused::confused::confused:

Also heard of a reliable source there have been a mass exodus of players from Border-Walwa and at this stage look like they'll struggle to have a competitive side in '09.:)
i have heard the same about border walwa tc,also been informed that corryong are in all sorts of trouble with players leaving and being unable to recruit any new blood to the club.no chance of a 2nds side and slim chance of winning a game in the seniors....

Paul Nugent & Beau McKimmie are both returning, Warren Sinclair is back from overseas and new coach Andrew Harvey is bringing a few with him. Should field a reserve side but i wouldn't think they would be all that strong.

I havent heard anything about Walwa, but i did hear that Cudgewa have signed ex Bullioh B&F Brad Snaith.

sounds like fedrals is fielding dads army for 2009 season
,Does anyone know who they have recruited beside the coach,
heard he is avery good player
I see Cudgewa has signed Bullioh player have they lost anyothers and where have they gone.Definetely a top 2 side i think with the talent they had in 2008

so what does the seconds comp up there look like this year? will there be any teams with a twos side?

The seconds comp will field at least 4 sides b/w cudgie tumba bullioh with any of them capable of making G/F hopefully corry an feds can put sides together if not combine both two's together so some of the locals get a game each week.

The seconds comp will field at least 4 sides b/w cudgie tumba bullioh with any of them capable of making G/F hopefully corry an feds can put sides together if not combine both two's together so some of the locals get a game each week.
with only 4 sides seems pointless in having a 2nds comp... whos coaching all the 2nds sides this year?

Hi there, I play for a top five team in one of the local leagues. Im looking for an adult apprenticeship in the Albury/Wodonga area. I play Centre/on ball or on the flanks 26yrs old. keen to have a chat if anyone interested.

bigeye you could of least named the league you played in and by the way i give you credit for advertising on this site.
If you are for real there would be at least six clubs interested in this league plus other leagues:thumbsu:

bigeye you could of least named the league you played in and by the way i give you credit for advertising on this site.
If you are for real there would be at least six clubs interested in this league plus other leagues:thumbsu:
Understand, but naming the league would then limit it to five teams and if nothing came from it i would have 20 team mates that might not kick to me anymore lol.... Just looking for a change, footy & Work.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back