The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cudgie v Tumba on the weekend was a good game;came down to the last 3mins.Tumba's midfield just alittle to good for cudgie plus Matt Molkinten to strong over-head.
Reggie Haye's played golf and wheels has stitchers in his hand out for acouple of weeks.
Got to ask maxie about tom hickey, he said MOZART is playing for bullioh end of story all the best to him.
The mil hanna look alike isn't an ex cudgie coach by any chance if so he has the silky skills of darren jarman the speed of a wild elephant on heat and the build of humpty dumpty and you know what happened to him .

I've just read that the old man himself, Travis Tytler has put a clearance in back to Feds. My guess is he'll have to ask one of the short people back for his shorts.

how's the corryong/federal rivalry going these days? been a long time since i saw a game up there. seemed to always be a close game no matter where they were positioned on the ladder..
whats the ladder doing up there in 2010?

how's the corryong/federal rivalry going these days? been a long time since i saw a game up there. seemed to always be a close game no matter where they were positioned on the ladder..

well cougs the fued is still strong.feds doing well this season and should play in the grand final.corryong are rebuilding but should get stronger.the league has dropped of a bit because there's not as many city guys going up the hills.the reason is that bullioh's the first stop and they seem to have alot more coin then other clubs.but that happens in most leagues.

so what will happen this round.Feds to win easy. Tumba and Bullioh aswell. I see that Twitchard is playing for the blues again. he can play when on fire a very dangerous player but if down he's really down. All the best Blues for this week. So Toey r u playing ones this week or just taking the lazy kicks in the 2's? :D:D

Watched the fatman Kingy today....I must say he's lost some some wieght and hitting pobably as hard as he's hit in a long time. Played in the center and pob racked up 20 or more possesions....BOG in a fair few eyes today i would think. Cudgy would luv him back there at the moment i think.

Depending on how far u go back, but its definitely not as intense as it was in the mid 90's, even the early 2000's. I think both teams still love to hate each other and look forward to a good hit out, but its not as strong as previous years i wouldnt think.

tumba pumped corryong - not good for the dees, fair to say they would have expected a couple more wins than they have had at this stage.

Is Pedro Collins the guy who used to umpire the juniors? good umpire, had good banter with the players, would often hock up a big vom at qtr time which was interesting.

With so many boys travelling up from Albury these days i think the rivalary is dwindling a bit. It seems only the former players and die hard supporters really apprciate how much our two clubs have fought out games in the past. These days it seems everyone is happy when any of our clubs beat Bullioh.:(

:confused:
With so many boys travelling up from Albury these days i think the rivalary is dwindling a bit. It seems only the former players and die hard supporters really apprciate how much our two clubs have fought out games in the past. These days it seems everyone is happy when any of our clubs beat Bullioh.:(

you are right D85. it's always good to see Bullioh choke.I was wondering how the new coach is going in the 1's? And is he playing at all?:confused::confused:

TIPS FOR THIS WEEK

CUDGIE OVER TUMBA 19pts [only because rat is out]

B/W OVER BULLIOH 4pts

FEDS OVER CORRYONG 6gls

Was talking to a few tumba boys this week ,they've nick=named Tom Hickey MOZART [He plays a good tune].
Tiger where are you?
M.Hayes played a reasonable game last week will only get better with a few more games under his belt.
Hi REF,I have been away working in WA,some how I havent been able to access the site,things go very slow in the west,the job Im on is only 90 mill over budget at the moment and only 2/3rds done so its a winner.Im home for a week so will get to see The B/W boys play the Dees, hope its as good a game as Mondays Maggies and Dees game but with a result going to the B/W Magpies,and I think by 7 goals.A bit of gossip,the Goldspinks of Tumba and a certian player arent the best of friends anymore,check out the outs for Tumba this week,dont know whats happening up there,maybe you can tell us Ref? I heard that B/W belted Feds a few weeks ago,I also heard that Feds are a threat to Bullioh for the flag,strange that,loose two players and get done by 15 odd goals,cant see that as a threat to anyone,and I heard B/W had a couple out as well. And I now know where BABY SEAGULLS LIVE. Go the Tiges.

TIPS THIS WEEK

BULLIOH BY 5GLS OVER TUMBA

B/W BY 12GLS OVER CORRYONG

CUDGIE BY 13PTS OVER FEDS

Yes Tiger did hear somethink on those lines certain tumba player king hit trying to stop a fight could be out for a few weeks.It is now in the hands of the boys in blue.
And its good to have you back TIGER

Hey Demon - how have the new players for corryong been going overall? Do you think they will stay and play for a couple of years and hopefully help attract more to come up?

And boys, any clear favourites to take out the league B&F - i know its only early but whos been in red hot form?

TIPS THIS WEEK

BULLIOH BY 5GLS OVER TUMBA

B/W BY 12GLS OVER CORRYONG

CUDGIE BY 13PTS OVER FEDS

Yes Tiger did hear somethink on those lines certain tumba player king hit trying to stop a fight could be out for a few weeks.It is now in the hands of the boys in blue.
And its good to have you back TIGER

Didnt get the full story on the kinghit but he certianly done some damage to the kid,big bucks to get his teeth fixed,I doubt if the same bloke would front him one on one,anyway more pressing matters to get onto.Going back over west on monday but now that ive sorted things with my access to Big Footy Ill by able to stay tuned to all the gossip and even start some.My tips for this week are.

Bullioh by 8 goals over Tumba who will be without thier ruckman,thanks Brett.
B/W by 5 goals over Corryong B/W will be without Kiel Hunt who missed his flight to Tassy and had to forkout another $400 you dick.
Feds by 5 goals over Cudgy the flogging they got off B/W will be a wakeup call .:footy::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Mil Hanna still can't get a run in the Demon's 1's. I see he has been a ball magnet in the 2's. I wouldn't be surprised if he won the B&F in the 2's, that's if his dodgy knees hold up for the season. I also read that a couple of ex Chiltern/Cudgie players have been picked up aswell.:D

What a great day at the footy I had today,.I have not seen two umpires.in the UMFL of the quality of the two blokes today,without doubt the best I have seen,even the looseing Corryong players .commented how good they were,they spoke to the.players and.told the players why they paid or didnt pay a free,thank god for the bye in the O/M.
And I would say all teams only want an even 50/50 go.
I know where BABY SEAGULLS LIVE. Go Tiges.

Hey Demon - how have the new players for corryong been going overall? Do you think they will stay and play for a couple of years and hopefully help attract more to come up?

And boys, any clear favourites to take out the league B&F - i know its only early but whos been in red hot form?
The bulk of the new blokes seem to be happy at the club and sound like their keen to come back next season. One of our new recruits was in the best couple of players at the weekend and looks like a great pick up for us, hopefully he'll stick around next year.

The Walwa boys looked the far fitter and more skilled side at the weekend despite our guys have a having a crack in the first half and got over ran as the game went on. But i didnt hear to many supporters say they were rapt in the umpiring. Even though they wouldn't have changed the result a couple of ordinary decisions went against us particulary when the ball made it to the forward line which didnt help the scoreboard.

Our guys will fight the season out with hopefully a couple of upsets once our team start to gel. Next season will be a better indication of where we are heading with a lot of our kids being better off with a full season of senior footy under their belt. The players and supporters just have to be patient and it wont be long until the Dees will be back in the finals.:thumbsu:

The bulk of the new blokes seem to be happy at the club and sound like their keen to come back next season. One of our new recruits was in the best couple of players at the weekend and looks like a great pick up for us, hopefully he'll stick around next year.

The Walwa boys looked the far fitter and more skilled side at the weekend despite our guys have a having a crack in the first half and got over ran as the game went on. But i didnt hear to many supporters say they were rapt in the umpiring. Even though they wouldn't have changed the result a couple of ordinary decisions went against us particulary when the ball made it to the forward line which didnt help the scoreboard.

Our guys will fight the season out with hopefully a couple of upsets once our team start to gel. Next season will be a better indication of where we are heading with a lot of our kids being better off with a full season of senior footy under their belt. The players and supporters just have to be patient and it wont be long until the Dees will be back in the finals.:thumbsu:
hey demon 85 if u r talking bout matty ladgrove i wouldnt even count on him turning up every week this year let alone being any where near corryong next year, if u didnt no corryong is the the third club he has signed at this year alone and maybe the 5 club in 3 years. Good little player and bloke just never seems to be very interested in playing.

hey demon 85 if u r talking bout matty ladgrove i wouldnt even count on him turning up every week this year let alone being any where near corryong next year, if u didnt no corryong is the the third club he has signed at this year alone and maybe the 5 club in 3 years. Good little player and bloke just never seems to be very interested in playing.

Hey Super wog it's been a long time but a fair point. Has played for Cudgy a few years back and starred. This could be his level?

Hey demon85 talking to Walwa player and said number 10 was your best player in the ones. Is he local or a townie? You make a lot fair points but it all comes down to guys coming back year after year. The problem with the Upper Murray is that you have to spend more on guys because of the travel factor. Sometimes it could be a waste of money.

I have noticed that Cohen hans't been playing for Feds ???? Does anyones know why? or just saving himself for the finals!!!!

As the Border Mail reports Tumba has been stripped of points for playing unregistered players - although it may not have been a deliberate effort, you still have face the consequences. The coach didnt seem happy using the old "sheep stations" quote, and I understand that you need as many numbers as possible but you still have to follow the rules, anything else is cheating!!! Its unfortunate, and im sure other clubs do it just have to be clever about it!!!

pretty rich from walwa to point it out, they never do anything to support other clubs.

Interesting reading the clearance's in the Upper Murray site today that Tumba has signed Simon Kenny and Feds signed Paul Giltrap. Kenny must be pushing into his mid forties by these days but i'm sure will know howto find the ball up there. Corryong signing Matty Ladgrove and now Jeremy Grove from Culcairn is a bit bizarre as they arent gonna make the finals. Should be good for them next year if they stick around with the Demon's. Don't be surprised if Feds sign a couple more Mitta players since those blokes arent gunna have any impact in the finals this year. Any info on any other clubs signing up new players before the deadline?:confused:

As the Border Mail reports Tumba has been stripped of points for playing unregistered players - although it may not have been a deliberate effort, you still have face the consequences. The coach didnt seem happy using the old "sheep stations" quote, and I understand that you need as many numbers as possible but you still have to follow the rules, anything else is cheating!!! Its unfortunate, and im sure other clubs do it just have to be clever about it!!!

pretty rich from walwa to point it out, they never do anything to support other clubs.
Hey there Silver, B/W have done nothing wrong here other than point out that Tumba and thier coach and several of thier players decided to as you put it, CHEAT,so dont come the crap it was anything other than that,what other club would turn a blind eye to it? All clubs have to follow the rules wether they like them or not,they got caught,cop the penalty,if you dont like the punishment dont break the rules, easy isnt it. Now to more pressing matters.
B/W by 6 goals over Cudgie
Bullioh by 10 over whoever they play
And I dont know who plays who but if Feds play Tumba or Corry Feds by 10:footy: Thirty over here today. And I found out where Baby Seagulls live.

Hey there Silver, B/W have done nothing wrong here other than point out that Tumba and thier coach and several of thier players decided to as you put it, CHEAT,so dont come the crap it was anything other than that,what other club would turn a blind eye to it? All clubs have to follow the rules wether they like them or not,they got caught,cop the penalty,if you dont like the punishment dont break the rules, easy isnt it. Now to more pressing matters.
And I dont know who plays who but if Feds play Tumba or Corry Feds by 10:footy: Thirty over here today. And I found out where Baby Seagulls live.

Ummm yes Tiger read my previous post, they did the wrong thing and deserve to be punished, fully agreed. Depending on the circumstances in which it happened, I think there may have been a chance some clubs would have let it go, possibly, just being that it was teenagers making up the numbers (not genuine game winners from stronger clubs). Rules are rules anyhow!

And my throwaway comment was based around "No surprises that walwa would take action", you dont need to take this personal but alot of people feel walwa never makes any effort to support other clubs in the league (such as players having a drink in oppositions rooms after games etc).

Is M jarvis making a regular appearance for the blue boys in 2010?

Ummm yes Tiger read my previous post, they did the wrong thing and deserve to be punished, fully agreed. Depending on the circumstances in which it happened, I think there may have been a chance some clubs would have let it go, possibly, just being that it was teenagers making up the numbers (not genuine game winners from stronger clubs). Rules are rules anyhow!

And my throwaway comment was based around "No surprises that walwa would take action", you dont need to take this personal but alot of people feel walwa never makes any effort to support other clubs in the league (such as players having a drink in oppositions rooms after games etc).

Is M jarvis making a regular appearance for the blue boys in 2010?

[Pull your head in SK. Don't make an effort my arse.
*I believe the Tumba fraternity were asked, quizzed about the 3 players in question and told BW they were OK. Apparently not.
*If we are not "playing for sheep stations" (could have come up with a better line than that..)why not play a registered kid or promote a 2's player not a newby or someone as you say "not a genuine game winner".
Don't use the throw line such as not supporting other clubs to distract from what happened . What an ill informed statement. My 1st year in the league and I can say the boys have supported other clubs as much as any other club .
I think when you say a lot of people you really mean "YOU".
Don't make decisions from behind the computer, get out feel the cold , have a pie and beer and enjoy the footy.

And as you say " they did the wrong thing and deserve to be punished, fully agreed " why waste your time commenting on a non issue???

]

tiger regarding the player everyone is talking about the player is sixteen years old and was given a match permit by the albury f.c. believing he was able to play seen he was playing under age football but under 18s in the O.M. is classed as thirds by the V.C.L.F. and thats what the difference was .No one trying to cheat and all this was pointed out to the B/W official who signed the permit [a technical point is what brought tumba to loose the 4pts].But rules are rules just like B/W u16 having to hand the points back to tumba u16 for playing over aged players but i stand to be corrected
Anyway lets move on .Ithink the top 4 is settled unless my blue boys can beat tumba at tumba in acouple of weeks.

tiger regarding the player everyone is talking about the player is sixteen years old and was given a match permit by the albury f.c. believing he was able to play seen he was playing under age football but under 18s in the O.M. is classed as thirds by the V.C.L.F. and thats what the difference was .No one trying to cheat and all this was pointed out to the B/W official who signed the permit [a technical point is what brought tumba to loose the 4pts].But rules are rules just like B/W u16 having to hand the points back to tumba u16 for playing over aged players but i stand to be corrected
Anyway lets move on .Ithink the top 4 is settled unless my blue boys can beat tumba at tumba in acouple of weeks.
we caught b/w out 2yrs ago in the 2nds and they lost the four points and the u.m.f.l was close to fineing them $500 , it just shows every club does it so we r all cheats just getting caught out is unlucky, its no different to every sat players playing under different names (which b/w did when we caught them out so tiger there no better then tumba). and ref i cant see cudgy upsetting tumba in tumba plus whats the point of making the finals if we r just gunna get flogged lets play some senior players in the 2nds and give bullioh a run for the 2nds flag, ill be up there this w/e to watch so maybe u can throw me a beer or two my way.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back