The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't tell the full story but I'd disagree:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tr-richmond-tigers?year=2013&rt=TA&st=CG
Code:
2013 Richmond Clangers Per Game Leaders (Minimum 5 Games Played)
Rank Name          Games Average
1    Luke McGuane  12    3.33
2    Daniel Jackson 20    3.10
3    Shane Tuck    9    3.00
4    Shane Edwards  18    2.94
5    Ricky Petterd  9    2.78
6    Reece Conca    14    2.71
7    Dustin Martin  20    2.70
8    Nathan Foley  14    2.50
8    Jack Riewoldt  20    2.50
10  Trent Cotchin  19    2.42
Lets also remember that Conca hasn't had a preseason and is coming off a pretty serious injury.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tr-richmond-tigers?year=2013&rt=TA&st=ED
Conca 14th on Effective Disposal average
Houli is 1st

Yes but with most stats, what is defined as "a clanger"? Daniel Jackson with 5 blokes hanging off him bombing it down field, which just so happens to be marked by opposition compared to Conca on the forward flank kicking over the head of of leading Riewoldt to hit Carlton player on chest. There are clangers....and there are clangers.

Yes but with most stats, what is defined as "a clanger"? Daniel Jackson with 5 blokes hanging off him bombing it down field, which just so happens to be marked by opposition compared to Conca on the forward flank kicking over the head of of leading Riewoldt to hit Carlton player on chest. There are clangers....and there are clangers.
Ironic that you mention Daniel Jackson and clangers... his clangers of years gone by still give me nightmares.

Incorrect. I love matt white. Star of the game. If you can't handle a different opinion, you should be deleted for being a flog. Not everyone will agree, but if you can't recognise heppell is way better than conca, you obviously don't watch footy. I'm allowed to have a different opinion, unlike you I want us to do better than mediocre and in order to that we have to be harsh and realistic. You don't see geelong carrying any unskilled spuds in there team. We should do the same, if we want to succeed. There is no second place in football, you don't give players medals for trying. If they aren't going to win you a flag, replace them with someone who will. Otherwise let's just finish from 5-9th every year

So what do you propose? A time machine trip to change our pick?

You might want to take note that it took until his 8th season for a bloke you rate a star to finally play his best footy (and his 100th game)

You might want to give the Conca hate a rest this week. He'll be playing his 50th game (in only his 3rd season in a much stronger team)

Let me know how the time machine works out for you. :rainbow:

Incorrect. I love matt white. Star of the game. If you can't handle a different opinion, you should be deleted for being a flog. Not everyone will agree, but if you can't recognise heppell is way better than conca, you obviously don't watch footy. I'm allowed to have a different opinion, unlike you I want us to do better than mediocre and in order to that we have to be harsh and realistic. You don't see geelong carrying any unskilled spuds in there team. We should do the same, if we want to succeed. There is no second place in football, you don't give players medals for trying. If they aren't going to win you a flag, replace them with someone who will. Otherwise let's just finish from 5-9th every year

Sorry mate you are a troll and a not very good one. Get lost.

I think the point is, it doesn't matter if Conca is better than Heppell or not because we have Conca in our team, not Heppell. It's a pointless discussion and is being deliberately argumentative. Also, drugs. And while you're presented your opinion you haven't backed it up with any supporting evidence, so of course people are going to challenge that.

Heppell! Heppell! FFS! Zero hurt factor. 25 metre dinky kicks. Out the back handpasses. Gets noticed because of his hair. Go and get the hardball son. No shirking the issue. FFS do any of you watch footy and see these soft ***** running around looking good? Heppell is the most overrated media darling there is in IMO.

As said in another thread on the main board " Themed rounds you would like to see". I suggested a "smack a player in the head round". Heppell would be injured that round for sure. Gutless P#$

regards FFS

"What do You propose? A time machine?" No, what I propose is that we let West coast have conca, and trade him for Andrew Gaff, who is a genuine midfield star with elite skills. That would give us compensation and make right the mistake of not drafting heppell.
Why would they trade a star for a spud?

If you think you sound stupid, it's because you do. So sick of post loss ******* bullshit!!

I actually think I hate big footy after a loss more than a lose itself!

Not many worst places to be than our board after a loss!

Its not just his hair its his head as well (please punch me in the head look about it)

Ivan does not have that look imo.

Who'd be dumb enough to try and punch the mullet in the head? :eek:

Would love to see Maric vs Heppell in a cage fight, that'd be something :D

Dimma, you reckon you've learnt from last time.

Please, please, please have a plan to deal with these guys...
Andrew Walker
Brock McLean
Kade Simpson
Mitch Robinson
Marc Murphy
Bryce Gibbs

Chris Judd

Some might have a quiet game, but some will surely get off the chain and hurt us.

I'll be interested to see what plan you have to shut down those players on fire.
(don't want to see them constantly loose)

If freaking Brock McLean gets a kick, it's a poor reflection on us.

Go Tiges!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game will be won in the coaches box IMO. Malthouse will employ his man on man plan from the opening bounce, both times he's done so this year we've struggled. I hope Dimma has a counter punch prepared or we may be in for a short finals series

we'll close all those players down...and then bootsma will kick 10

He's almost as bad as David Bourke was for us, so when that day comes I will hang myself, because the apocalypse will have started.

Dimma, you reckon you've learnt from last time.

Please, please, please have a plan to deal with these guys...

Andrew Walker - Edwards/King
Brock McLean - Tuck/Conca
Kade Simpson - Grigg
Mitch Robinson - Dud
Marc Murphy - Jackson/Conca
Bryce Gibbs - Deledio

Chris Judd - Cotchin/Jackson

Some might have a quiet game, but some will surely get off the chain and hurt us.

I'll be interested to see what plan you have to shut down those players on fire.
(don't want to see them constantly loose)

If freaking Brock McLean gets a kick, it's a poor reflection on us.

Go Tiges!!

Works both ways.

They have to deal with:

Cotchin
Deledio
Martin
Conca
Jackson
Edwards
Vlastuin
Tuck
Ellis
Grigg
Houli

Truth is when Malthouse has thrown all caution to the wind and got his guys to run forward of the ball it has worked in both games due to our poor defensive pressure.
The 3 games this weekend I hope our boys have watched as they demonstrate defensive pressure wins the day.
Dimma needs to be ready to handle plan B this time around .

If we play like we did against them in the 1st quarter, we will beat them by 10 goals. Play like we did in the 2nd quarter against them we'll lose.

Carlton have been pretty ordinary this year and rarely played 4 good quarters.

If we play 4 good quarters, applying pressure the whole game we'll win comfortably.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back