Opinion The Way Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine, words from the players and club won't mean much. I've heard it all before. I want to see action next year, primarily changes in our strategy & team selection.

I want the players to play with recklessness, I don't care if it leads to silly free kicks or suspensions in trying to put pressure on the opposition and winning the ball. I want to see a hard edge & remind teams that playing against Sydney is not going to be 'bruise free' footy anymore.

Actions, not words.

For mine, words from the players and club won't mean much. I've heard it all before. I want to see action next year, primarily changes in our strategy & team selection.

I want the players to play with recklessness, I don't care if it leads to silly free kicks or suspensions in trying to put pressure on the opposition and winning the ball. I want to see a hard edge & remind teams that playing against Sydney is not going to be 'bruise free' footy anymore.

Actions, not words.
Can only happen with a new coach. Otherwise more of same with some minor magnet shuffling.

After hearing Harley's comments about lacking size in the midfield, I think early indications are Mills returning to the midfield to combine with Heeney, Rowbottom & Warner. We're going for more 2 way players & grunt over speed imo. I like it.

After hearing Harley's comments about lacking size in the midfield, I think early indications are Mills returning to the midfield to combine with Heeney, Rowbottom & Warner. We're going for more 2 way players & grunt over speed imo. I like it.
If we want consistent grunt and 2 way players, Warner shouldn't be there for the most part. He can attend centre bounces late in quarters and the last quarter or so.

If we want consistent grunt and 2 way players, Warner shouldn't be there for the most part. He can attend centre bounces late in quarters and the last quarter or so.

I like this idea, then park him in the fwd line where he can cause havoc with pressure & natural goal scoring ability. Maybe something like centre bounces & last 5mins of each quarter? Horse you reading this or what? 😂

Warner would be the ideal sub.

There is a bloke called Sheldrick ….. Harley may not have met him yet.

There is a bloke called Sheldrick ….. Harley may not have met him yet.
Live look at Angus Sheldrick
im right here season 7 GIF

I'm taking the AA midfielder Mills over Sheldrick as first option. Rather pick mids who are in their physical prime for next season. Don't mind Sheldrick pinch hitting in the midfield

I like this idea, then park him in the fwd line where he can cause havoc with pressure & natural goal scoring ability. Maybe something like centre bounces & last 5mins of each quarter? Horse you reading this or what? 😂

Maybe we did try it while my head was in my hands from despair, but I would’ve liked to have seen Warner swap positions with Parker for periods in the GF. We’ve had Warner rest in the goal square for periods this year, and he was understandably worrying defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The Way Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back