The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t want him or need him. Richmond will suffer as their players will leave and who will they lose for him. I want May (we need a good key back and he will be perfect) which I think we will get if it is true lynch goes to the tigers.

But we will need to give up a bit for May or should we just get with our youth and recruit and hope that all pieces fall together!!

Is there anybody else out there that isn't fussed about Lynch's decision?

The forward line is functioning the best it has in years and i'm not 100% sure that he is the iron clad superstar that a lot of people are painting him to be.
you put Lynch there, takes a lot of heat off Mason, more hack kicks will be marked, allows Mihocek to cover a full back post while Dunn recovers. Ive been against him coming for a while until the injuries. It will make us a lot more flexible.

Smokescreen? for what?

what a shit article.
I think the smokescreen reference is apparently more for Lynch’s benefit,
He’s just started the discussions with other clubs & still hasn’t decided.
Rather than the narrative ‘deal done ages ago with Tigers’.
Which is more embarrassing for him (with GC).

So is he ours yet?

So the Herald Sun article says this:

"Collingwood were seen to have pushed to the head of the queue with their list manager Ned Guy met with Lynch on Monday at his home.

But it is understood that meeting saw Guy clarifying the club’s public comments about having met him in public."

What does that second comment even mean? Why would Lynch's manager be there too, and why would that meeing "to clarify" earlier comments take place at Lynch's parents place rather than over the phone?

Also, there has never been any reporting about Hawthorn's meeting with Lynch.
Exactly...that sort of thing would simply be a phone call.
Why throw fuel on the fire by actually meeting him/manager again...
Just ridiculous.
Journo making it up to ‘fit in’ with his story

i don't expect lynch will announce his club of choice until that clubs season is over! If we happen to make finals and bomb out early and nothing is announced I'd see that as a fair sign he's going to Richmond!

i don't expect lynch will announce his club of choice until that clubs season is over! If we happen to make finals and bomb out early and nothing is announced I'd see that as a fair sign he's going to Richmond!
Not neccessarily. Pretty sure Treloar didn’t announce his destination until after the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty compelling article on the afl app, saying most people in the industry have heard he’s going to Richmond.

Are you joking? The guy said, 'I think it's...
Gives the indication that this AFL list manager or whoever doesn't know more than you or me and are just trying to pin the tale on the donkey blindfolded.

If Lynch has chosen Richmond, why would we care what he or his manager think about Bucks speaking the truth in the media?
Why would we bother sending Ned, (did anyone actually see him?) just to pretend he hasn't made up his mind.
FMD the media are going to milk this for all it's, (not) worth.

If Lynch has chosen Richmond, why would we care what he or his manager think about Bucks speaking the truth in the media?
Why would we bother sending Ned, (did anyone actually see him?) just to pretend he hasn't made up his mind.
Exactly you dont send your List Manager out to create a "smokescreen".

I agree.The media’s explanation for Lynch meeting Ned Guy has become increasingly convoluted and smells of desperation.No-one would have a private meeting with a list manager as a smokescreen,and no club would allow themselves to be used in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back