The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Bucks meeting Lynch within the past fortnight would've been their first encounter.

My personal opinion is that Bucks would've met him earlier this year (who knows how many times) and would've painted a picture of who's who, what we're doing, his role (say replacing Mihocek/Reid) etc. Solely a pitch for him as a player and us as a team.

It wouldn't surprise me if the meeting being reported as happening within the past fortnight was just Bucks checking on his welfare post surgery.

Ned Guy's meeting this week apparently went for an hour. I'm intrigued as to whether this would've been to go over a potential contractual offer with Tom and his manager; money, years and whatever else comes with a contract. Whether it was our first offer, a revision or our final offer, and whether they are accepting it, who knows.

It's gonna be a long couple of months until after the GF.

Aside from the obvious of being a blow in to a premiership team, he doesn't fit Richmonds game style.

He isnt Reiwoldt mobile. They have to change their game plan to fit him in.

He is plug n play at the pies and hawks.

Aside from the obvious of being a blow in to a premiership team, he doesn't fit Richmonds game style.

He isnt Reiwoldt mobile. They have to change their game plan to fit him in.

He is plug n play at the pies and hawks.

What we need is someone who can be a forward target. Doesn't need to be Riewoldt mobile as Jack is the one who pushes up the ground. What we need is a strong, marking presence up forward when Jack does go up the ground.

Lynch is EXACTLY what we need.

What we need is someone who can be a forward target. Doesn't need to be Riewoldt mobile as Jack is the one who pushes up the ground. What we need is a strong, marking presence up forward when Jack does go up the ground.

Lynch is EXACTLY what we need.

Why does the reigning premier and best team in the comp want to change a winning formula?

Why does the reigning premier and best team in the comp want to change a winning formula?

Not changing a winning formula at all. Will be the same game plan. Only with a better marking target in Lynch.

By John Ralph
Just on HS now, swings & roundabouts!

“But Evans said last night they did not know he had met with Collingwood until Nathan Buckley’s comments last week.

Lynch now has 10 weeks to consider his destination, but it is understood getting to Collingwood has real appeal for the Suns forward.

He believes he has a chance to build alongside a young side, while Richmond could conceivably have won two premierships by October.

A $1 million-per-season contract of up to seven seasons could be heavily back-ended, as reported in the Herald Sun this week”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By John Ralph
Just on HS now, swings & roundabouts!

“But Evans said last night they did not know he had met with Collingwood until Nathan Buckley’s comments last week.

Lynch now has 10 weeks to consider his destination, but it is understood getting to Collingwood has real appeal for the Suns forward.

He believes he has a chance to build alongside a young side, while Richmond could conceivably have won two premierships by October.

A $1 million-per-season contract of up to seven seasons could be heavily back-ended, as reported in the Herald Sun this week”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wobblehead Ralph will be very salty.

Guys I have news to share. No one will know me so take this as you will. But lynch will be at Collingwood next year 100%. Agreed to terms this week. Finally Decided on Collingwood 7 weeks ago. There has been several meetings with him over the last 5 weeks negotiating the final deal. It was finalised on Monday and signed. He will be a magpie as a free agent.

Ps I live in Sorrento

Guys I have news to share. No one will know me so take this as you will. But lynch will be at Collingwood next year 100%. Agreed to terms this week. Finally Decided on Collingwood 7 weeks ago. There has been several meetings with him over the last 5 weeks negotiating the final deal. It was finalised on Monday and signed. He will be a magpie as a free agent.

Ps I live in Sorrento

I want to believe you ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back