The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.
The NRL do it far better and are more professional about such matters.

Melbourne Storm are by far the best at dealing with players leaving. To them its no issue and players are celebrated on their way out the door and all ex players are part of the storm family for life. It's a unique way of handling it.

Melbourne Storm are by far the best at dealing with players leaving. To them its no issue and players are celebrated on their way out the door and all ex players are part of the storm family for life. It's a unique way of handling it.
And professional.

Like me celebrate our ex coaches Mick and Tony.
(Ok the last bit was me making a funny)

Come on guys I asked nicely, please don't tag them in here.
iu

Come on guys I asked nicely, please don't tag them in here.
iu

I am gone for 10 minutes and I miss all the fun.

Has the vermin left the building?

We must have a place where we don't have to put up with them, surely you agree?

Just having a bit fun Anzacday………......vermin should be exterminated I agree.

It's the way Liverpool does it in England. Can't speak for other EPL clubs.

Ex-players like Sami Hyypia and Jon Arne Riise went off and had careers elsewhere but are back at the club, working as ambassadors.

Steve McManaman left to play for Real Madrid and is a club legend and a regular at Anfield. Michael Owen played for Real Madrid and Manchester United but you'll often see him involved in LFC activities.

Given that it's just the (kind of shitty) reality now that players will leave clubs, the best thing a club can do is foster a family atmosphere and, provided they don't leave under acrimonious circumstances, welcome players back with open arms post career.

That said, act like a massive tool like Dale Thomas and I don't care if you never come back. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retire Dunn I'd say.. the club needs to be backed in a corner to realise that it needs a FB for the next 10 yrs or whatever re.. no cutting corners.. no comfort zone rubbish.. I wouldn't rely on getting a 31 yr old FB 3 quarts of the way into next season..

If we can't find an FB by then then we have issues.. stare it in the face and take it on.. Mcclarty you want the position.. it's yours.. work your ass off.
Couldn't make head nor toes of your post Gimposs ... then I realized FB stands for F*** Buddy. Makes perfect sense now on the re-read..

Ps.. Great advice about staring it in the face and taking it on sista! and you're right... McLarty's definitely gonna have to work his arse off to nail that position.

I wish it was.
But occasionally I do just talk crap.
Only sometimes mind you.
I find your honesty very refreshing.
A man after my own heart....although I would say "indulge in a little wishful thinking" rather than "just talk crap".

I agree.
The NRL do it far better and are more professional about such matters.
Soccer do it better overall. They buy and sell players as they see fit and players are free agents once their contract expires.
Once players get the hang of the concept and everyone is on the same page it does work extremely well. We all just need to stop being so precious.

That's why I have no issue with Daisy leaving. Everyone was a winner out of that deal.

Soccer do it better overall. They buy and sell players as they see fit and players are free agents once their contract expires.
Once players get the hang of the concept and everyone is on the same page it does work extremely well. We all just need to stop being so precious.

That's why I have no issue with Daisy leaving. Everyone was a winner out of that deal.
Daisy going?
No loss

Retire Dunn I'd say.. the club needs to be backed in a corner to realise that it needs a FB for the next 10 yrs or whatever re.. no cutting corners.. no comfort zone rubbish.. I wouldn't rely on getting a 31 yr old FB 3 quarts of the way into next season..

If we can't find an FB by then then we have issues.. stare it in the face and take it on.. Mcclarty you want the position.. it's yours.. work your ass off.

That's how you stay ahead of the competition.. no quick fixes. If we sign Dunn for another yr id be very disappointed.. that's just complacency as far as I'm concerned.
Will Kelly, and May next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back