The West Coast Eagles bringing the game into disrepute...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna tee-off on the West Coast players here - if you can gain a massive advantage, go for it.

But the scum bag piece of shit humans that today masquaraded as umpires - go **** yourselves. Blatant favourtism and no attempt to even disguise it.

Same with Schmidt last week - tell me theres not an agenda.

WCE fans however, can go and get ****ed. Not gonna get that umpiring in a final over here you **********s.

Re: West Coast Eagles ducking off to bed happy

You wouldn't have got anywhere near it if you didn't have 3 extra players on your team!

**** off.

And if the umpiring had any semblance of fairness to it, it would have been a much closer game.

The difference - your bad kicking for goal is a skill defiency caused by your own players. Bad umpiring is out of players's control.

were you all complaing about the umps when they constantly cheated in the eagles early days in the comp, don pyke was grabed around the neck in a headlock by a essenscum fan over the fence at windy hill once, ump didnt even blink.

Agree with that GR..

The umpires watch the tapes and know what is going on, they just don't act on it.

are you serious! if we had kicked half as straight as you it would of been a 10 goal flogging.

Anytime during the game we got close to you blokes you got a free kick right in front of the goals... the umps gave it to you!!!

It's getting to the stage now where I'm honestly struggling to watch the eagles. The frustration levels aren't good for my health.

I only made it till just inside the 3rd quarter before I couldn't handle it any more today.

They remind me of a soccer team whose sole gameplan is to get the ball within scoring distance and then dive at the first opportunity.

eagleduck.jpg

Want to know frustration when you watch a game?
Failmantle 2012 will cater to you

Rubbish removed

Flattened? I doubt it. I'll be the first to admit North were average in their performance at best, but in Perth, your mob has perfected the throw the head back and arms out. The umps have better perfected the falling for it. I don't give a shit, really. You do what you have to to win, but the umpiring was disgraceful and if it would make any difference, to the general wank standards of the umpiring in general, I'm sure they'd whack in a report about it.

were you all complaing about the umps when they constantly cheated in the eagles early days in the comp, don pyke was grabed around the neck in a headlock by a essenscum fan over the fence at windy hill once, ump didnt even blink.

I guess the fan should have been suspended or something and a free kick awarded to Pyke? Afterall, I am sure the fan was purely following coaches instructions.

It's getting to the stage now where I'm honestly struggling to watch the eagles. The frustration levels aren't good for my health.

I only made it till just inside the 3rd quarter before I couldn't handle it any more today.

They remind me of a soccer team whose sole gameplan is to get the ball within scoring distance and then dive at the first opportunity.

eagleduck.jpg

ah freo, disgrace of leauge, thats why no respects you, performances like sat night

the afl is going to have to do something about it.

i really worry about the affect this is going to have on the game. i can see players get frustrated and go harder when the tackle slips, rather than pulling out of the tackle. the theory being that if i make them earn the free they'll think twice about doing it next time. as soon as this happens we'll start to tread a very dangerous line and it will only be a matter of time before someone suffers a serious injury.

you can see the ducking technique. its not hard to catch. the player gets tackled around the arms at shoulder heights. the player then drops the knees and archers into the tackle, lifting the arms up to force the other players arms to make contact over the shoulder or to the head. as soon as that happens it should be play on, if they dont make an attempt it should be holding the ball.

ping a couple of players doing it and it will stamp it out of the game.

I hate to say it but the sooner a player gets seriously injured by dropping and leaning onto the oncoming contact like we see the Freegles do, the better off the game will be. Only then will the reactionary AFL do something about it.

Go watch the game again and then come back and tell me what I mentioned was wrong. Just go!!

If you like, I'll even provide you with the links to the game so you can happily watch the three extra players play for the eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whist I will be the first to admit that we have had the better of 50/50 decisions at times, to suggest that the umpires have an agenda, or that we are favored by them is, to be brutally honest, the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Exactly what's the reason they favor us? Go on, have a think. Give me one good reason is there for the umpires to favor us?
The main reason the free kicks are in our favor is BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN THE FIRST TO THE BALL. The way the game has been played and umpired for over 100 years suggests that, yes indeed, the free kick count should be in our favour if we are first to the ball.
And finally- since when does the friggen free kick count have to be even?

And I suppose you have a plethora of evidence to choose from about this.. ? Oh wait, I bet you're one of the sheep that jumped on board after Clarksons comments. Freo supporters :rolleyes:

I've been speaking about this on radio (6PR) for three years. It's getting worse. I do have a plethora of evidence which I quoted on air. Even when the Eagles were wooden spooners your main midfielders were getting a third of their kicks from head high tackles.

In 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 the visiting Victorian teams got more free kicks that the Eagles 4 times from 44 games. In away games it was even.

Over the last two years the free kick count has got even worse.

Your guess that I jumped onto this after Clarkson's comments is wrong. No-one noticed before this year because the Eagles were losing anyway. It's just that now it's become laughable, particularly with Ashton Hams theatrics.

Whist I will be the first to admit that we have had the better of 50/50 decisions at times, to suggest that the umpires have an agenda, or that we are favored by them is, to be brutally honest, the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Exactly what's the reason they favor us? Go on, have a think. Give me one good reason is there for the umpires to favor us?
The main reason the free kicks are in our favor is BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN THE FIRST TO THE BALL. The way the game has been played and umpired for over 100 years suggests that, yes indeed, the free kick count should be in our favour if we are first to the ball.

There is a difference between being first to the ball and acting mate. Ducking into a tackle or placing your opponents arm on your shoulder to gain a free is not first to the ball!!

The free kick count was heavily in the Eagles favour when you were Wooden Spooners. The crowd is a factor and the Selwood influence is a factor. This "first to the ball" theory has no merit. The Eagles get the ball and then run into the opposition head first, knees buckling with facial grimacing for extra effect. There is no attempt to dispose of the ball because one arm is thrown skyward to get the high contact.

The main reason the free kicks are in our favor is BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN THE FIRST TO THE BALL.

What does Cox getting a plethora of free kicks just because he waves his arms about have to do with being first to the ball?

What does WC getting a free kick just because one of our players completed a tackle over the boundary line have to do with being first to the ball?

What does Swallow being molested in a marking contest at the end of the 3rd qtr and no free kick have to do with being first to the ball?

Yep, first to the ball should be an advantage. And there is no rule saying the frees have to be even.

But does this explain why Cox could maul McIntosh in every ruck contest (or being charitable, they were wrestling each other) and every single free paid went to Cox?

Or why high contact to North players was usually overlooked, while I can't recall a single instance of high contact on an Eagles player (whether 'genuine' or 'milked' being let go)?

contested possesions were 149 to 148. You weren't always first to the ball! The umps dont have an agenda but there is no doubt the crowd has an effect on the decisions.

There is a difference between being first to the ball and acting mate. Ducking into a tackle or placing your opponents arm on your shoulder to gain a free is not first to the ball!!

Roving the ball from ground level involves bending over, unless your Dustin Fletcher. Have a close look at Scott Selwoods frees for. A lot are a result of him bending down to take the ball, sometimes off balance, which a lot of times will draw contact, hence a free. Again- first to the ball. Works 9 times out of 10.

its pretty sad stated of affairs when you have supporters of 3 different clubs backing up the north supporters here.

geelong was fine, there was really only 1 player actively employing the tactic. the wce is completely different story, they have obviously trained/practiced and instructed their players to employ the tactic.

hams wouldnt kick as many goal as he has this season without the tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back