Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just compare the depth of the wings here. This is why a new logo was so important, and i've been saying it for years. The old logo wasn't fit for purpose because it's width meant it didn't fit within the wings well and pushed them shallow and wide.

Look at the difference in wing depth here. I can't overstate how much of an upgrade this logo is, purely because of what it allows you to do with the wings, your greatest visual identifier.

433433_89d0316c439ce6587b01b0e6f28d8e49.jpg
waters-no8-hero.jpg
Great point, the logo is growing one me more and more. Keen to see it in action

New logo and jumpers look fantastic. Well done Eagles.
Agreed. The number one rule of re-branding is make it better. They certainly have done that. The ditching of the 'shades of blue' Navy guernseys for solid colours of royal blue and bright yellow guernseys just looks right. Well done on going with the heritage inspired design.

This has the potential to become a classic team uniform IMO.Truly classic team uniforms (in any sport) are the ones that define a team and the ones that come to mind when we think of that team (hoops for the Crows pin-stripes for the NY yankees, red sash for Essendon etc) are simple and elegant: they should be able to be drawn by kids with crayons. Thumbs up from me.

Last edited:

Agreed. The number one rule of re-branding is make it better. They certainly have done that. The ditching of the 'shades of blue' Navy guernseys for solid colours of royal blue and bright yellow guernseys just looks right. Well done on going with the heritage inspired design.

This has the potential to become a classic team uniform IMO.Truly classic team uniforms (in any sport) are the ones that define a team and the ones that come to mind when we think of that team (hoops for the Crows pin-stripes for the NY yankees, red sash for Essendon etc) are simple and elegant: they should be able to be drawn by kids with crayons. Thumbs up from me.
Thats a big reason I think the Swans should never change. How can you get better for them. Your mob on the other hand needs to do an eagles and get a modern take on your old logo. It was ****ing epic/current is attrocious

For sure but doesn't mean they have to make the logos similar, can't see why they just didn't use an updated version of their old logo. Nothing speaks "traditional logo" like the traditional logo.

It’s the best of both worlds. It’s a nod to the past with the font and flat blue and yellow but it still looks modern and menacing.

The old one has some charm but it’s hardly a timeless design. It’s very 80s. This is a logo they might never need to change again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so, does everything think these (new logo, pair of jumpers) will remain as is for 5 years? 10 year? 15 years?
there will be a one-off here and there no doubt (other than indigenous) if they have a cause to support, or, if they do a heritage round (ochre!)
Pure guesswork, but let's say ten years. That's about an average length of time a logo would last (again, at a guess).

I'm assuming the wings will remain. They'd better! However I can still see a third white clash coming in at some point, possibly with the peril becoming a permanent away jumper.

It's nothing like their original logo but I still rate this one highly.
193715_1b5550b17c2d70238dc76d4fe0494c26.png
It's an issue because there's so much going on and it takes up so much space, so in small spaces you'll end up with a triangular looking blob or else just using a secondary logo of the crow head everywhere, so much so that that will become the main logo. I do like the idea of a banner containing 'Adelaide Crows' like that though, and bird-based mascots would do that the best.

Their original logo is still the best though, much like the Eagles. Hopefully they'll do something similar and play with that. Simplify the crow, but keep the motif of the tricolour colours coming from the wings. Biggest thing is having the wordmark not look out of place but that's what clubs pay graphic designers for.

Nearly 11 weeks since the conclusion of the 'Farewell to Subiaco' match worn/player issue auction, and we still haven't received our jumpers.

It has gotten beyond ridiculous. Nearly every auction the club has run in the last few years has encountered extensive delays.

Before I make a phone call, has anyone heard what the hold up is this time?

Nearly 11 weeks since the conclusion of the 'Farewell to Subiaco' match worn/player issue auction, and we still haven't received our jumpers.

It has gotten beyond ridiculous. Nearly every auction the club has run in the last few years has encountered extensive delays.

Before I make a phone call, has anyone heard what the hold up is this time?

As I’ve said talking to people before.

You can bet the response will involve the release of the new logo and new branding to ISC as the reason.

Not the supposed cant get them back off the players reason

As I’ve said talking to people before.

You can bet the response will involve the release of the new logo and new branding to ISC as the reason.

Not the supposed cant get them back off the players reason

Contacted the club, and was told that they are still waiting on the COA paperwork. They haven't been given a date as to when the certificates will arrive, so the wait could be a little while longer yet.

You can get them now, COA's aren't ready but if you aren't fussed about that can be picked up if you contact the club.

upload_2017-11-22_13-30-58.png

Nice! 3 months wait has been a joke. Did it come with the collectors tin/box as well, or are they held up along with the coa's?

I would have taken the jumper when ready and waited for COA. Done it with another club. No harm done. But over east no doubt ill get some ditzy person who has no idea to organise

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back