The which rookie do I start on the field thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's one of those 'scratch your head' comments that you read every now and again.

It is simply intelligent to prefer to put your faith into someone who has consistently proven to be a premium rather than someone who has done it for 10 or so games. However, I think most people have caught on that Grimes/Broughton are two very special young backmen and either are more than capable of performing in your 22. I am currently rotating between the two in mine (played Broughton this week).

Their consistency this year has been fantastic in both wins and losses (well mainly losses). Their job role allows them to get a lot of easy ball.

Whilst they aren't as good as a premium in terms of real play - compared to some of the cr@p being delivered this year by some of the backs - i intend to start them over a mackie, purgoyne (if he plays) if it came to that as a choice

With Cross out. Muston or Sidebottom?
Considering Sidebottom isn't playing, I'd go with Muston.

who should start out of muston and hartlett?
Hartlett, unless you're a massive underdog against your finals opponent and have to bank on Muston going back to his unaccountable float arcross half back role.

Hase,Anthony or Beams? Need to pick 1 and bench the other 2.
I'm trying to decide between Hase and Anthony myself... I might be "different" and pick Hase I think. Essendon has lost a few quality Mids, whereas the Saints will probably have 100% possesion all game against North :rolleyes:

Beams. He isn't getting the attention from taggers whereas I reckon St Kilda might try to shutdown Anthony.

(My turn)
What about Kornes vs Anthony?
Gotta go Kornes over Anthony... for the same reason you mentioned. Kornes won't get any attention, whereas Anthony may attract some.

Hentschel v Ballantyne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta go Kornes over Anthony... for the same reason you mentioned. Kornes won't get any attention, whereas Anthony may attract some.

Hentschel v Ballantyne?
Definately Trenta - Ballantyne hasn't showed excessive scoring potential outside that one game.

Think I might bench Fisher and bring on Drummond.

Whenever you bench one premium for another, the one you benched always scores more. It's inevitable.

I'm in a similar position this week with my forward line. I effectively have 8 forwards capable of scoring hundreds (and Ballantyne). Pav, ROK, Chapman, Lids and Franklin are all certain starters, and then I have two spots to fill between Brennan, Murphy and Rioli. Rioli would normally be the obvious omission, but he should be able to score well against Richmond. Brennan and Murphy both have higher scoring ceilings, but with Murphy playing Geelong I've decided to leave him out. Now watch as he scores 120 tonight :rolleyes:.

Anthony, Adams, or Muston (in order of average)

Anthony may cop a hard time, while both he and Adams play the Saints. Muston gets to play the Tigers. I have a bad feeling about this one.

Whenever you bench one premium for another, the one you benched always scores more. It's inevitable.

I'm in a similar position this week with my forward line. I effectively have 8 forwards capable of scoring hundreds (and Ballantyne). Pav, ROK, Chapman, Lids and Franklin are all certain starters, and then I have two spots to fill between Brennan, Murphy and Rioli. Rioli would normally be the obvious omission, but he should be able to score well against Richmond. Brennan and Murphy both have higher scoring ceilings, but with Murphy playing Geelong I've decided to leave him out. Now watch as he scores 120 tonight :rolleyes:.

Brennan & Rioli sounds like the right call IMO

I went Liam Anthony over Hodge this weekend and he scored 124 to Hodge's 114. Should I do the same next week in the GF?

^ Yes - Hodge's avg against the dons is one of his lowest teams including a 40 odd or something from memory earlier this year. Anthony has been consistently good and you'd think he would go alright against ports midfield providing he doesnt get the Kane tag. I will start Anthony and Kornes over hodge this week.

Another one guys - Hentschell or Ballyntine this week and why?

Hentschell vs Blues @ TD - scored 85 in emotional first game back from injury, but only 50 last week against the eagles where Adelaide had a $hitload of ball in the fwd 50.

Ballyntine vs Cats @ Skilled - 60, 61, 73 in last 3 games, but plays for freo and is a little ****sucker.

Kornes or Anthony this week? Started Kornes over Anthony for the past few weeks and it has cost me points. Important to choose well as I think my league GF will be very close.

Kornes' form has been average of late, but over the years he's been a DT gun.

Anthony is in great form of late, but is in his 1st season. Will Kane tag Anthony?

Kornes or Anthony this week? Started Kornes over Anthony for the past few weeks and it has cost me points. Important to choose well as I think my league GF will be very close.

Kornes' form has been average of late, but over the years he's been a DT gun.

Anthony is in great form of late, but is in his 1st season. Will Kane tag Anthony?

Harvey will get the tag

Remove this Banner Ad

The which rookie do I start on the field thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back