FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Can people tell me why they hate Ziggy so much? Every time I find someone new into the show they tell me Ziggy is their least favourite character.

He is awesome!

ziggy-sobotka.jpg

He dominated Generation Kill.

Finished the series, really felt sorry for Duquan in the end more so than some other characters. He was never really cut out for the streets and in the end, the streets took over him.

Just realised McNulty is British, Mind = BLOWN lol

Just watched the last episode tonight (been watching it on DVD over the past year). Excellent, excellent television series.

Scott Templeton = SweetLeftFoot? ;)
The Wire is so layered. On the surface it's about cops and robbers, but underneath there are all these other layers. One layer is the bureaucracy of both the police force and the private sector as shown by Templeton being a total liar but getting all the kudos. Often in the real world the people who do the job the right way get burnt and the peanuts who take the short cuts and kiss arse get the promotions.

Finished the series, really felt sorry for Duquan in the end more so than some other characters. He was never really cut out for the streets and in the end, the streets took over him.

Just realised McNulty is British, Mind = BLOWN lol

arrg! That could be a reason he annoyed me so much, he was definitely guilty of over acting but his character was annoying too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lestor. Has to be Lestor.

Although there are few funnier scenes on TV than the cold open in S1 where Carver and Herc are trying to move that desk, everyone comes to help, and it turns out Herc's been pulling it while everyone else has been pushing it.

Finished it all and am a little upset that there's no more ridiculously good and involving show.

:thumbsu:

post wire depression is more common than you think

every show you watch and talk about from now on normally ends like this

"it's good, look it's not the wire or anything but its pretty good"

Very few TV shows make you feel like youre watching a great film, but thats what The Wire was like.

I watched all 5 series in about a 8 week period, knocked over Season 5 in about a 36 hour span. Couldnt get enough of it. Compelling storylines threading through one another, and great characters at every turn. About the most authentic show ever made.

And just saw that Dominic West (McNulty) and Idris Elba (Stringer) are both English. Total WTF moment seeing them interviewed. Would never have guessed.

Epic show. Loved the brutal and bloody killing frenzy of Marlo and Chris Partlow (Particularly Chris' beat down on Michael's kiddy fiddling stepfather).

Fave scene the final showdown beetween Omar, Mouzone and Stringer Bell.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back