FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh Major FML the torrent i downloaded screwed up the titles in season 3 so i watched ep1 then ep10,11,12 then before the next one was ep 2 and stringer was alive again, i was like WTF.

god dammit no wonder i couldnt follow it and i wasnt enjoying the season

that has happened to at least 5 people i know, you are not alone (i however am not one of them)

Saddest scene (shed a tear or two):
[youtube]tFkWPNJAy14[/youtube]

The way he knows his time is up, but still stands his ground and dies with pride ("Yo this is my corner, I ain't running nowhere!"), really gets to me. Really sums him up as a character and is a fitting end to his development throughout the series.

Yeah, that's up there with the saddest scenes for me, too. From the youtube comments: "there is a brilliant metaphor here: Chris and snoop move like rooks, bodie shoots like a pawn (diagonally forward, no retreat), O-dog attacks like a knight (moves in an L shape)."

Given the season 1 Bodie/Wallace/D'Angelo chess conversation ("They be out of the game early."..."Unless they some smart ass pawns."), the mention of pawns in the Bodie/McNulty conversation earlier in the episode, and the chess imagery of its setting...

bodie.jpg

...I hope that the chess-like movements are no coincidence.

Brilliant stuff.

Another thing is its a tough show to get in to

The jargonistic dialogue, people were used to seeing African American culture with Good Times, Family Matters etc, this is the first real drama about African American life

The foundation I try to get to the level of this show is the NBA - believe it or not, not those who make it into the NBA, but those who got pushed aside and are playing street ball in the ghettos y'all?

Oh and Rap music

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching the 5 seasons. I want more.

I knew there had to be a link to my old fav HLOTS. The photocopier scene was in that show.

Omar is my favourite character but there are so many.

Thanks to my daughter, a great chrissy present.

The great thing about The Wire, isnt just is authenticity and its great characters and its ability to really kick you in the guts, but the humour. Stuff like the crime scene with McNulty and Bunk, the photocopier lie detector and the scene at the gay bar where you see Rawls in the background.

[youtube]KQbsnSVM1zM[/youtube]

[youtube]rN7pkFNEg5c[/youtube]

[youtube]jFNda6csJLg[/youtube]

love the "wire" posted in this thread far to often (but the wire is worth it) my question who as done more work post the wire? bubbles has been in a fair few shows,omar also as and a small part in the movie the road,chris had a small part in a movie as well (forgot the name) and McNulty looks like he has been busy with some things coming out but there is heaps of others.l am yet to seen snoop since the wire.

Omar also had a small part in Gone Baby Gone. Beadie also has a main role in the film, as a completely different character.

D'Angelo and Carcetti's advisor (can't remember his name) were both in The Machinist.

Stringer Bell had a role in American Ganster, as you guessed it, a ganster.

Boardwalk Empire's first season was very good, so unless he gets whacked on the show, or the TV series gets Deadwooded, I'd wager he's on a winner.

It's a travesty it only went for 3 seasons. "**********s."

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back