The wizard cup GF is a farce!!!!!!!!!

Do you think that the Wizard cup grand final should be played at Telstra Dome?

• Yes

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ally

Debutant
Jun 25, 2000
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
The cup formally known as 'the wizard cup' shall now be named 'THE SORRY COLLINGWOOD WE MADE U CRY IN SEPTEMBER CUP'
What a joke! They never left telstra dome throughout the preseason competition, and now they have virtually been given the ugly caldron on a stainless steele platter with the AFL's decision to hold the Grand Final at Telstra dome. The AFL's reasoning for this was that telstra dome would fill to capacity easier than AAMI stadium. I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went to a collingwood and Adelaide game in 2001 and it was standing room only! I even had seats and chose not to sit in them because of the amount of people there.
Adelaide have around 42,000 members. They are a hell of a lot more loyal than the collingwood members. I can't really see any true Adelaide supporter not going to a grand final if it was held at AAMI stadium.
Once again Eddie and collingwood win. They may as well savour the grand final moment while they have it, because September is a long way off.

Same old,same old.The Eddie-Afl show roles out for another year.I feel for ithe crows.How arrogant is Eddie,you would be silly to hold a match with Collingwood in it anywhere but Melbourne.Ah, hello there is another team. I hope the Crows wipe there smarmy butts.If this keeps up,it is going to be a hell of a long season for all us non Victorian based teams.

i like the pies & i like the crows... going on form from what i have seen i think that the pies will win.... but yeah im sure that all of eddies media coverage has definatley got something to do with it being there.....its a pain how he can get everything his way.... & then coz they have such a high media profile through eddie they can kick up big stinks & say that will take legal action over the money the AFL gives both Qld & NSW to try & put/keep local talent on their lists.......... if any other president did that then they would be just like...yeha whatever.... the media is overpowering everything that ppl believe in...... for example how many ppl do u reckon base their political beliefs on what the media tells them & how they believe about all the scandals that rock the politics.....its all a load of rubbish.... the competitors pay the media to dig up or make up dirt on their opposition because ppl believe everything they see on tele or read in papers & magazines.... prime exapmle... went & saw Maid in Manhattan(however u spell it) & Chris Marshall has been told to have broken off the engagement with the supermodel or whatever.... but really it never was,,, just another story.... i read the paper... but how much of it should i believe......

were have all the other past grand finals been played???????????? is this because collingwood made it, so you will do anything and say anything to say its a hand out... are you scared we are gonna win.... if the lions beat cats... we wouldve played them up there i think, but not our problem, anyway, we have won easily over every team, so we deserve to get it here, crows were lucky to make it really, and the crows will get killed this weekend for sure.:cool: :cool: :cool: stop whinging, we arent the team that gets an extra $700,000 to spend on players... are we?

Originally posted by keatings_gal
then coz they have such a high media profile through eddie they can kick up big stinks & say that will take legal action over the money the AFL gives both Qld & NSW to try & put/keep local talent on their lists..........

Haha, as if the extra salary cap money is to keep local talent on the list... if so, why did they recruit the non-Queenslander Blake Caracella (quote Leigh Matthews: "I can't in good conscience use the extra money to recruit players, its simply for retention".. another lie), but yet have traded away guys like Brett Voss, Steve Lawrence, etc?

Originally posted by L-Nizzy
why did they recruit the non-Queenslander Blake Caracella

We didn't recruit (or poach) Caracella at all. He came to the club as part of the trade deal for Headland, Cupido, and pick #17 in the draft. You can't tell me that Essendon were really that distraught at losing him, considering they were so keen to pick up Cupido.

I'm quite sure that had we been able to, the Lions would have opted to keep Headland (and Cupido), in preference to trading for Caracella.

IMO, we didn't win the trade deal (although, Brennan does look like being a good player, who we were able pick with a draft pick from the deal).

i knew u would have to say something about the money once i said about it.... hey lenny... well.... im sure that u wont be complaining if that money one day goes to you if u get the chance to suit up for the lions.....i'll be there watching you through the carnival......... good luck for that buddy.....

After seeing the footy show tonight, i am almost certain that collingwood (and/or eddie) have paid to have this GF. He is sooooooo annoying!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Charmo19
After seeing the footy show tonight, i am almost certain that collingwood (and/or eddie) have paid to have this GF. He is sooooooo annoying!

haven't seen the show yet - we dont get it till the wee hours up here in qld but I did get a very funny text message from a friend down there saying someone has to tel Aker how bad he looks and then when on to say he looks like a top deck chocolate!!

He does look like top deck!!!!!!!!!

They just shaved mick malthouses moutache off and gave the world's greatest shave for a cure charity $10,000. So Aka piped up and asked if they'd throw another 10 grand in if Leigh Matthews and him shaved theirs off. so on next weeks show they are going to shave Leigh and Aka.
it'll be funny seeing Leigh without a mo.

I think I missed an important word - she said he looks like a top deck chocolate, you know the white choc on top layer and the brown on bottom layer.

I put the tape in to tape the footy show last night and either it wasn't on up here or I set it for wrong times, did anyone happen to catch it, was there anything worth watching on there apart from Ego Maguire crapping on about the harry potter cup?

Originally posted by Lady Lawrence
I think I missed an important word - she said he looks like a top deck chocolate, you know the white choc on top layer and the brown on bottom layer.

I put the tape in to tape the footy show last night and either it wasn't on up here or I set it for wrong times, did anyone happen to catch it, was there anything worth watching on there apart from Ego Maguire crapping on about the harry potter cup?

Actually, LL, I think the first version was more apt - Aka did look a bit scruffy - esp. with the differing colours - blond hair and red beard - yuk!

I haven't watched the whole show but Ego did actually "congratulate" Aka for kicking the "winning" goal in the GF - bet that stuck in his throat - probably it was Sambo throwing his voice!!!

Originally posted by grinspoon
anyway, we have won easily over every team, so we deserve to get it here, crows were lucky to make it really, and the crows will get killed this weekend for sure.

I see.

There's a pretty good argument about that Collingwood were "lucky" to make the 2002 REAL Grand Final.

Moreover,there's not too many good or impartial judges around who believe that the Lions were not the best side going around in 2002.

On this basis and according to your logic, the 2002 Grand Final should have been played at the Gabba on a fine and sunny day.

Reckon your mob would have got within 9 points of us if that were the case?

Despite your "underdog" status in last years GF, you had absolutely everything going for you..... Home ground, weather conditions, crowd, umpires, Lions losing their best ruckman in the first quarter, Pike a passenger and dodgy frees in front of goal.

You still couldn't knock us off when it counted and yet the Melbourne media reported the game as some kind of "moral" victory for Collingwood!!

The "interstate" teams are all running in a handicap race but the rest of the field are sooking it because they reckon the handicap is not big enough!!!!!

They're all crying foul because the "dark horses" are whipping them at their own game on their own racetrack.

It's not fair.....just ask Eddie.

Lets play the grand final in front of 30,000! While we're at, just so things are equal, why don't we schedule Fremantle v Sydney at the MCG in the middle of June, so they can get a game there? The competition IS uneven, in positive and negative ways for ALL teams. Get over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

The wizard cup GF is a farce!!!!!!!!!

Back