The worse Tiger player of the last 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with an earlier post that this should be the most disappointing player not the worst player in which case my vote goes to.....................
Blumfield by the length of the Flemington staight

Cleve Hughes
Tom Roach
Jay Schultz
John Howat

David Bourke and Stuart Wigney were alright players and I'd prob put Bourke and Wigney both in my team of the 90's. Bourke had a few good matches but near the end the last couple years he kinda went AWOL and I think the pressure builded up on him. Wigney was good for us in 1995 up until he got injured.

Schulz would improve markedly if he actually gave a flying eff. even when he kicks a goal his body language screams 'yeah alright, whatever.'

Schulz has displayed consistently a remarkable ability to take a great mark - but he cant seem to follow through at the goal posts. He seems to lack ..confidence (?) - I think he could benefit from some sports psychology intervention, just to see what's going on in that head of his! Otherwise his talent is wasted and only frustrates the rest of the team and the supporters.

Other wise he could learn to handball to someone like Pett's or Brownie!!

Cleve Hughes
Tom Roach
Jay Schultz
John Howat

David Bourke and Stuart Wigney were alright players and I'd prob put Bourke and Wigney both in my team of the 90's. Bourke had a few good matches but near the end the last couple years he kinda went AWOL and I think the pressure builded up on him. Wigney was good for us in 1995 up until he got injured.

No way he would be in the team of the 90's.

No way...

Cleve Hughes
Tom Roach
Jay Schultz
John Howat

He was a great pick up that year and definately helped us reach the finals.

lionel proctor?
nick jewell (much better cricketer than a footballer)
ahh the assman himself. at least he had a name you could do a lot with. these players are longer then 10 years ago but a couple spring to mind. Worst player in the 90's has to be one David Honeybun. Everytime he hit the turf he would stay there for a good couple of mins although he did have a cronic back injury. Matthew Wall from the 80's was pretty bad also. There are so many others though, remember andrew underwood i think he's name was, early 90's, john howat's another, ok must stop getting nightmares now.

Couldnt disagree with any of those.

However believe it or not, l had a soft spot for him.

l used to work with his ex-missus and **** she was hot!!! And l always admire a bloke that takes a 2 week suspension after his debut game in the AFL. Respect!

And... did l mention that his missus was hot! Dedicated many to that little number. :D

who? Wigney:eek: I couldn't picture him havign a hot cheese and kisses...had a pretty rough head on him didn't he???

Proctor was pretty bad...I remember seeing him and thinking WTF is that 12yo doing on the G:confused:

ahh the assman himself. at least he had a name you could do a lot with. these players are longer then 10 years ago but a couple spring to mind. Worst player in the 90's has to be one David Honeybun. Everytime he hit the turf he would stay there for a good couple of mins although he did have a cronic back injury. Matthew Wall from the 80's was pretty bad also. There are so many others though, remember andrew underwood i think he's name was, early 90's, john howat's another, ok must stop getting nightmares now.
Todd Menegola, Todd Bremen, Brad Gwilliam, Bruce Lennon, John Makrov, Brett Mahony, Stuart Steele, James Thiessen, Brad Fox, Simon Dennis, Jamie Elliot, Mathew Manfield, Danial Donati. Sorry nearly all played more than ten years ago. Dark time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldnt disagree with any of those.

However believe it or not, l had a soft spot for him.

l used to work with his ex-missus and **** she was hot!!! And l always admire a bloke that takes a 2 week suspension after his debut game in the AFL. Respect!

And... did l mention that his missus was hot! Dedicated many to that little number. :D
How about Paul Hudson

Ben Moore
Robert Powell
Matthew Dundas
Paul Hudson
Steven Jackson
Thomas Roach

To name a few.

Current players

Hughes
Schultz
Oakley Nicholls

truetiger.. rogbert powell played many good games at tigerland.. dundas was a dud i agree.. hudson came to richmond at 32 what do you expect? thomas roach bit dissapointing lacked dooportunities.. 2 players you missed though were STEPHEN JURICA! and JASON RAMSAY! those 2 blokes could of been anything especially ramsay

very ver very very harsh on honeybun mate! he had a knackered back for years and still managed to get on the park and play decent footy he was a toughnut as well and theyre were plenty of worst players then matty wall

For a start it's SCHULZ... there is no T if your going to bag him at least spell his name right.

I do find it slightly amusing that just about all these guys listed as our worst are all essentially fringe players who actually weren't all that bad. Jay Schulz, Hughes and JON are far from our worst player in the last ten years, JON has had very bad injuries and is only 19, Hughes has shown quite a bit at AFL level for a young key forward.

Whoever said Ben Moore should be slapped (I had a soft spot for him...can't explain why because I don't know) he won Coburg a grandfinal with a winning goal too :D

Agree with most of those, but:

Wigney had one very good year with us... Think it was 95. Did really well at CHB until he broke his ankle against the swans (got 3 brownlow votes in that game as well).
then he wasnt any good in the last 10 yrs.
that was 11 or 12 yrs ago depending how you look at it.

shane morrison

Remove this Banner Ad

The worse Tiger player of the last 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back