There is no God

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by go team
maybe essendon deserved to lose... but who says the eagles deserved to win? let a side get an 8 goal head start and expect victory?

As an Eagles fan I have to agree with this statement. We didn't deserve to win if after giving them an 8 goal start.

We always knew that Hird and Lloyd are champions players, and that we had no one in our defence who could stop Lloyd, so it was always a question of stopping delivery to him in the midfield.

Embley did ok on Hird for the first 3 quarters but then Jones was moved on to him and Hird had that magical last quarter. His last goal was pure talent.

So what was the difference that made the difference? What did Essendon had that we don't, and which resulted in them winning the game?

1. The attitude, particularly in the first 25 minutes.
2. They have a spine on Fletcher, Solomon, Lloyd.

I am very dissapointed with McDougal. He drops too many marks, he doesn't work hard enough. He reminds me of Fraser Gehrig when he was at the Eagles, who gave the appearance he couldn't be bothered by it all.

Regardless of all that, I am deeply disappointed with our
*****weak start and the attitude of most of our players, including several of our stars, in those first 25 minutes. It cost us the game.

Belgarion

Originally posted by coasting
If ever a team deserved to lose it was Essendon this week.

Agreed Essendon really should have lost. They got Lloyd off suspension and Hird should have gone for his comments... Even as a Freo fan I say you guys were unlucky.

As a Freo fan, I hate Essendon. As someone living in Brisbane, I hate Essendon. Being a Freo fan living in Brisbane... you can imagine how disappointed I was with the result... not to mentioned I tipped you guys too :p

oh please. We deserved that win so much. Granted u guys did play well but we got ova the line in the end.

Lloyd got off for obvious reasons. he waz obviously trying 2 get rid of the ball.

And hird give me strength! there r rape alligations and drug use happening in the afl and all hird did was speak his mind! U want his deregistered 4 this? 4 every1 who actually watched TFS he said McLaren had a bad night not that his umpiring was cr@p in general. And when McLaren had his press confrence he was so dam soft! He said his 'family was hurt deeply' oh please everyday the players r bagged and they dont go around saying their families are deeply hurt. U hear ppl bagging the PM all the time and u would think this is a bigger issue considering it is the guy who runs the country not sum stupid umpire! If u guys didnt realise we live in a democracy, at most hird should get a fine!

maybe essendon deserved to lose... but who says the eagles deserved to win? let a side get an 8 goal head start and expect victory?

Goes both ways though. We didnt deserve to win because we were so bad in letting you get 48 points up without a whimper. Yet your lot didnt deserve to win either for being so bad in letting us get back all of those 48 points to have it a drawn game with just seconds to play.

Draw would have been the right result IMO.

There were eagle supporters sitting in front of me. As soon as the siren went, they all stood up and left.

They were pretty devistated, as you would be, coming so close to a draw but not being able to pull it off.

Although, speaking of frees - Take a look at the replay after hird kicks it into our F50 in the final minute. Lloyd cops a punch in the head (over his shoulder) as he comes for the mark. THAT should have been paid too. Take a look :)

didn't you see him? running around the field wearing an essendon jumper and a number 5 on his back?

since when did god start slagging off umpires on national tv

and Rival_V, we shouldnt of had to stop Loyd, i dont believe smashing someone in tha face is something to be ignored in the AFL, fat boy sheedy and loyd should of just copped it, why do teams appeal tribunal decisions? although the tribunal is stupid enough to let them off, its pointless, when you were a kid, if you did something wrong and got punished for it, if you were decent enough you would take the punishment and go quietly, not try and argue it, i am 15 by the way, and i dont sit there chuking a crap when i get punished, why should grown men? not setting a very good example...

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no God

Remove this Banner Ad

Back