Remove this Banner Ad

Chewy

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 16, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Consider this mathematical truth according to Chris Connolly:

Tarrant = Superdraft Pick 13 + Medhurst + Polak

Terry Wallace will no doubt talk it up as the deal of the century, but you have to wonder about Polak, if Freo think he's worth so little. The guy was pick 4 in 2001. What does Freo know that the rest of us don't? Has he a dark secret that he's hiding from the world? Is he really a woman? Or is he a pole-vaulter?

No matter which way you look at it, this represents a massive bust for the Dockers from the last "superdraft" in 2001.
Freo had picks 1, 4, 20, 36, 52
They traded picks 1, 20 and 36 for Croad (gone) and McPharlin
They could've picked Judd...
They used pick 4 on Polak (gone) and pick 52 on Medhurst (gone)

So, from TWO superdrafts, Freo have ended up with 26yo Taz and McPharlin.
They better make their remaining picks count.

They must have done something right. They went from last to 3rd in that time.

What's your point, that they should have won the flag already?
Or with such poor drafting they should still be near the bottom of the ladder?
Just what are you trying to say here?

Chewy, I am so very surprised that you don't know Polak's past..You must be the only one who doesn't...I am so glad that we didn't pick him up, be thankful..And Connolly would be laughing all the way to the bank with his trade..He would be very happy that he has got rid of him...

And we got Tarrant and McPharlin from the superdrafts.. two gun KPP products. Hawks have got Hodge and Mitchell ok and the Eagles and the Saints have done awesome... but what have other clubs got to show for it?

Are they better than McPharlin and Tarrant?

Polly is not the loose cannon that many seem to think he is. He just never really knuckled down and did the hard work required to succeed at this level. Hopefully for his sake and Richmond he'll pull his finger out and start delivering the goods, sometimes a change of scenery can be the best thing for someone like him. I think he'll go alright.

I honestly have believed for many years that Tarrant is THE most over rated player Collingwood had. I hope he goes ok over there. He certainly needs to change his attitude. I can't believe that Eddie and Micky traded him, after all the crap they went on about this year, sheesh Eddie almost had a stroke protecting him against all the media etc.Great Loyalty Eddie and Mick..You wouldn't want them to defend you, just watch out for your back...lol. Hope he plays like a champ against the Colliwobbles and that you Thrash them.....:)

raffrox said:
Gotta hang your hat on something when your team is sh*t, don't you?

I don't know, is that something you have been doing since Fremantle joined the competition?

Ripper said:
We have done it hard , but I would be surprised if it takes us 55 years to win a flag.

You never had to endure a third rate recruitment zone for 60 odd years. Since zoning was finished we have played in three grand finals, won two and only have a marginally worse overall average finishing position to the Eagles over the last 20 years.

While I am sure ancient history is fascinating, I don't really put much emphasis in stuff that happened long before I was even born.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tas said:
You never had to endure a third rate recruitment zone for 60 odd years. Since zoning was finished we have played in three grand finals, won two and only have a marginally worse overall average finishing position to the Eagles over the last 20 years.

While I am sure ancient history is fascinating, I don't really put much emphasis in stuff that happened long before I was even born.

Good to see you have an excuse for taking so long to win a flag. :thumbsu:

Tas said:
Doesn't say much, they delisted Bell and he got 2 premierships before he was 24. :p

Because he was too "short". :D

Kenny_01 said:
So what you are saying is if we utilised these superdrafts, we would have been unbeatable over a 5 year period?

That's what happened with WC, they drafted Judd from 2006 and that pick has them set up for sucess for the next five years or so, wich two years of success achieved already, mainly because of him.

Richo83 said:
Because he was too "short". :D

That's what happened with WC, they drafted Judd from 2006 and that pick has them set up for sucess for the next five years or so, wich two years of success achieved already, mainly because of him.

Now they're all Judd's in this superdraft?

Judd is one out of the box, there is no player like him, and there won't be another like him for many years to come.

Chewy said:

Your equation is incorrect;
Tarrant + pick 8 + pick 42 = pick 13 + Medhurst + Polak + pick 63
Always trying to stir trouble, i'm amazed at how bitter and negative some Hawks posters are, I would be too I suppose if my clubs colours resembled my kids dirty nappy.

Chewy said:

Terry Wallace will no doubt talk it up as the deal of the century, but you have to wonder about Polak, if Freo think he's worth so little. The guy was pick 4 in 2001. What does Freo know that the rest of us don't? Has he a dark secret that he's hiding from the world? Is he really a woman? Or is he a pole-vaulter?

No matter which way you look at it, this represents a massive bust for the Dockers from the last "superdraft" in 2001.
Freo had picks 1, 4, 20, 36, 52
They traded picks 1, 20 and 36 for Croad (gone) and McPharlin
They could've picked Judd...
They used pick 4 on Polak (gone) and pick 52 on Medhurst (gone)

So, from TWO superdrafts, Freo have ended up with 26yo Taz and McPharlin.
They better make their remaining picks count.

The 2nd superdraft ain't over yet!!!!!!

DyerBolical said:
Your equation is incorrect;
Tarrant + pick 8 + pick 42 = pick 13 + Medhurst + Polak + pick 63
Always trying to stir trouble, i'm amazed at how bitter and negative some Hawks posters are, I would be too I suppose if my clubs colours resembled my kids dirty nappy.

Nah, you are wrong. Fremantle do not have pick 8 in the draft, collingwood does.
Freo have basically given Polak away.

I don't understand your 'equation' at all. It is just rubbish.
Maybe if you spent a bit more time looking at the facts, and less time with your head in the dirty nappies, you would see this too.

Essentially all Freo got for losing Polak was the exchange of pick 63 for pick 42.
Richmond is only in this trade as sweetener, to get Tarrant.

The Tarrant trade:

Richmond get - Graham Polak, pick 13, pick 60
Collingwood get - Paul Medhurst, pick 8, pick 63
Fremantle get - Chris Tarrant, pick 42

Kenny_01 said:
And we got Tarrant and McPharlin from the superdrafts.. two gun KPP products. Hawks have got Hodge and Mitchell ok and the Eagles and the Saints have done awesome... but what have other clubs got to show for it?

Now Tarrant is a "Gun" :confused:

Kenny_01 said:

LOL Tarrant a gun KPP..is the funniest thing i have read here for a long time ....don't they get newspapers over there in the west ??? :eek:

back pocket said:
They must have done something right. They went from last to 3rd in that time.

What's your point, that they should have won the flag already?
Or with such poor drafting they should still be near the bottom of the ladder?
Just what are you trying to say here?

Schwabe said Freo would win a grand final by 2008 which only leaves 2007 to do it in .

How many times since the '01' draft have the hawks made the finals?
For a club that makes such astute trading and drafting decisions you would think their track record would be a little better?
Do they look like they are going to win a flag in the next 1-3 years?

True freo could have had Hodge or Judd...It does hurt, but lets face it freo havent done that badly in the drafts considering the picks we have had.

Not to mention we are on the verge of flag glory...Gotta be happy with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a Scotsman, an Irishman and a Polak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back