They did their bit now you do yours.......

Remove this Banner Ad

All the top deck I am guessing? I actually prefer it up there.

Really - or are you just being stupid? :)
I hate it - players are like ants and its so far from the ground it feels like there is no point cheering.
Had level 2 seats yesterday which were pretty goodl

Reasons for the low crowd:

- The dogs only have about 20K of hard core fans.
- Saturday night people have other committments organised.
- tickets are reasonably expensive
- We've lost our brownlow medalist through injury
- We'd lost 3 of our last four games by an average of about 10 goals
- Many dogs fans have been through this scenario the last 2 years and are generally 'over it'.
- Many fans think we are just making up the numbers (myself included).

I have been to the first two (on my own because I had nobody to go with) and I will be there again on Saturday.

What sort of turn out are you all expecting for next week?

Last season, in the corresponding match, our numbers were up and it was just about the loudest I've heard us.

I have the money , I just don't see the value. And where are the $47 tickets?

Both games I have got the cheapest category seats, which this week were $47 for adult, against the pies got seats on the bottom level in the same bay as the cheer squad, this week was on the bottom level of the olympic.

Each to their own I suppose. Like I said though, I'd much rather take the wife out for tea and then go home in the comfort of my home than watch from the heavens or have to sit behind the cheersquad. It just depends what you like. I don't think modern football has any atnmosphere so Im just as happy to watch it on tv. I use to love going to games back at the old grounds but these days I can take it or leave it.

i almost wish i had not started this thread because it is making us look worse. Yes thats right worse than the 15000 supporters we had at a cut throat semi on saturday night. going to have to delete this before the geelong, collingwood & st.kilda supporters get wind of it.......

I dont get all the people using the excuse 'I made plans months ago so thats why I cant go.'

I've known all year that we'd more than likely make the finals so I made sure I didnt make any plans in september. Any time I was invited to something I told them I couldnt because of the footy.

Last year I got married, but me and my now wife made our wedding date especially AFTER september, knowing there was a chance of finals footy. And it was well justified.

If you're a die-hard fan of the dogs, unless its a funeral or a wedding etc, or something that you obviously cant get out of, there's no excuses for not going. Why would you plan a holiday during september?

I dont get all the people using the excuse 'I made plans months ago so thats why I cant go.'

I've known all year that we'd more than likely make the finals so I made sure I didnt make any plans in september. Any time I was invited to something I told them I couldnt because of the footy.

Last year I got married, but me and my now wife made our wedding date especially AFTER september, knowing there was a chance of finals footy. And it was well justified.

If you're a die-hard fan of the dogs, unless its a funeral or a wedding etc, or something that you obviously cant get out of, there's no excuses for not going. Why would you plan a holiday during september?

you wouldn't.

Sitting in the crowd it felt like there were more Sydney supporters. Absolutely abysmal turnout from us.

I'm with you mate. I was ashamed that the spread was 50/50 between supporters. It was our house and it should have been a hostile crowd for the Swans. Instead it may as well have been in Adelaide. Perhaps the price was a bit steep....I can dig that. But I reckon other clubs would have done better here. Hard to imagine that 70K wouldn't have turned up for Collingwood.

Anyway hopefully everyone was saving their money for the Prelim. Go Dogs. :thumbsu:

Really - or are you just being stupid? :)
I hate it - players are like ants and its so far from the ground it feels like there is no point cheering.
Had level 2 seats yesterday which were pretty goodl

I don't know, I think it's because you pretty much get a view of the whole ground, and get to see the play unfolding a little clearer. But, yes, level 2 is where it is at.

Remove this Banner Ad

They did their bit now you do yours.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back