Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought i read that all the oz day merch was taken to landfill. Guess thats the only upside - maybe some will have a single time use for a week or so before landfill
yeah it wasn't selling

if it was selling they would have kept stocking it

I thought i read that all the oz day merch was taken to landfill. Guess thats the only upside - maybe some will have a single time use for a week or so before landfill

Conversely I don’t think this was an issue with the Yes posters for the voice to parliament, I still see them in some front yards

In previous jobs when someone leaves, typically you might have a lunch, wave goodbye and be on your way.

I’m at a relatively new job and the typical stance on what is required as I’ve been told by my manager is ‘a lunch with your local team, a morning tea with the extended team, a leaving card and a leaving gift’ is the general requirement.

Surely this is overkill. What a waste of time, have a lunch and a wave goodbye and move on, surely.

In previous jobs when someone leaves, typically you might have a lunch, wave goodbye and be on your way.

I’m at a relatively new job and the typical stance on what is required as I’ve been told by my manager is ‘a lunch with your local team, a morning tea with the extended team, a leaving card and a leaving gift’ is the general requirement.

Surely this is overkill. What a waste of time, have a lunch and a wave goodbye and move on, surely.
Nah that is very nice. I got a **** you

Nah that is very nice. I got a **** you
It just feels like overkill having to organise 4 separate things.

I don’t see any reason a morning tea with everyone can’t be organised, have a card there for signing and off you go. Maybe I don’t feel the same way about colleagues on a personal level.

My previous job before I left, my team caught up for a beer and said good bye and good luck and I was gone.

Luckily my manager told me, because I organised a lunch and that was it for a member of my staff that is leaving shortly. Need to organise sourcing money off everyone for a gift, secretly getting a card signed by everyone and teeing up the entire team (60+ people) to a morning tea, just feels like a waste of resources while we are already under resourced.

It just feels like overkill having to organise 4 separate things.

I don’t see any reason a morning tea with everyone can’t be organised, have a card there for signing and off you go. Maybe I don’t feel the same way about colleagues on a personal level.

My previous job before I left, my team caught up for a beer and said good bye and good luck and I was gone.

Luckily my manager told me, because I organised a lunch and that was it for a member of my staff that is leaving shortly. Need to organise sourcing money off everyone for a gift, secretly getting a card signed by everyone and teeing up the entire team (60+ people) to a morning tea, just feels like a waste of resources while we are already under resourced.
Whilst I fully get the annoyance and I’m of the same mindset, it’s always kinda been thus in office life. Goodbyes are typically along those lines, even helpful of your manager to make the decorum very clear to follow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a thing until about 5 years ago. Companies started moving to WFH and hotdesking so you didn't have much of a relationship with your colleagues. Covid exacerbated that. I know people who didn't go into the office for 3 years and now begrudge going in one day a week. If someone left the team it would be mentioned but no-one would be there for a morning tea or lunch.

I don't under stand how eBay battery sellers make any money.
Any time I need a FOB battery I normally buy one off eBay for a couple of dollars. It gets to me in a few days, with postage included.

I don't under stand how eBay battery sellers make any money.
Any time I need a FOB battery I normally buy one off eBay for a couple of dollars. It gets to me in a few days, with postage included.
From China?

The Tesla Cybertruck

1280px-Cybertruck-fremont-cropped.jpg

What you'd get if the Delorean from BTTF and the ship from Flight of the Navigator had a baby

:p

The Tesla Cybertruck

What you'd get if the Delorean from BTTF and the ship from Flight of the Navigator had a baby

You've just insulted two vehicles from my childhood

The Tesla Cybertruck

A tech YouTuber I watch just got one. I have no idea why the hell anyone would want that thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back