Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching the swimmers in Paris go through the Dirty Seine I didnt think it could get worse

raskolnikov RUOK you must be devastated for your sport

View attachment 2072739

Absolute tragedy which could have been prevented. Stupidity to program an 800m swim after a 3.5 mile run. There's a reason in triathlon the swim is always first.

I actually have a two-day beach comp on the weekend. Making me a bit nervous about it.

People that give food places bad reviews online because they ordered from Uber Eats and the food was cold by the time it got to them.
Similarly, people who give anything a shitty review on Amazon because of things like

• Was too hard to open
  • Poor packaging
  • Product was faulty so had to return it
  • Delivery took too long

Like, get ****ing real you morons.

Similarly, people who give anything a shitty review on Amazon because of things like

• Was too hard to open
  • Poor packaging
  • Product was faulty so had to return it
  • Delivery took too long

Like, get ****ing real you morons.
Is "smelled funny" OK?

She made it up on the spot. Maybe her audition was better… 🤔
A lot of us learning how it works for the first time, well after the fact. Turns out they don't know the music they will perform to beforehand, must perform to the beat of this song they are hearing for the first time and get marked down for repeating moves. She would have had a series of movies she planned to use in the routine and find a way to work them in, but it makes it much harder than the routines you see people performing on the streets or in videos.

A lot of us learning how it works for the first time, well after the fact. Turns out they don't know the music they will perform to beforehand, must perform to the beat of this song they are hearing for the first time and get marked down for repeating moves. She would have had a series of movies she planned to use in the routine and find a way to work them in, but it makes it much harder than the routines you see people performing on the streets or in videos.
Luckily the kangaroo and the angus/homer moves can fit almost any beat. True visionary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time blindness

Is it an excuse? I do think its something that occurs but that should be on the person who ignores the time

Ive done it myself - posting rubbish on here not realising my mate is waiting at the coffee shop etc - but to use as an everyday ' Im gonna be late for work '' etc

Time blindness

Is it an excuse? I do think its something that occurs but that should be on the person who ignores the time

Ive done it myself - posting rubbish on here not realising my mate is waiting at the coffee shop etc - but to use as an everyday ' Im gonna be late for work '' etc

My wife who was recently diagnosed with adhd has hyper focus issues so she won’t hear people and can lose track of time but that happens more at night than in the morning.

I believe there was a news story a couple of months back where a woman got roasted for asking the same thing. Some people with ADHD report 'time blindness' as a thing but it's not a recognised symptom and workplaces don't have to accommodate it. We have a solution for time blindness, it's called an alarm clock.

My wife also has ADHD, there's a real sub-culture online that thinks accommodating people with ADHD means everyone changing to meet their needs without them having to make any changes to accommodate work. That's not how the world operates. A good workplace will meet you halfway, they won't upend everyone else's routine though.

I got asked to fill in at my old,old place of employment back at old role .few months back.

One of the kids had ADHD he had little cards printed up with things written on them.
I think he was worried I was going to be hard on him.
I took my time with him everything worked out fine.

Some people with ADHD report 'time blindness' as a thing but it's not a recognised symptom and workplaces don't have to accommodate it.
I am not sure why you think it's not a symptom. It's inability to control attention to varying degrees, and attention to time is ability to track time passing.

Hence, time blindness. Maybe it should be "time visual impairment".

Time blindness

Getting on the computer, the internet, forums, discussion groups, makes time pass amazingly fast :grimacing:

I remember the IT manager at my last job relating how he was working on something on his computer and said to his wife, "You go off to bed, I won't be long" and continued working. At last he finished the task and looked up to find the sky getting lighter in the east... :flushed:

I am not sure why you think it's not a symptom. It's inability to control attention to varying degrees, and attention to time is ability to track time passing.

For my wife the the time blindness would fall under her hyper focusing on things. I go to bed at 9:30 and she’ll say I’ll come soon and it’s suddenly 1am because she was engrossed in her work.

Red Wine Ugh GIF by Married At First Sight

It's not a medically recognised symptom of ADHD. That's not to say people with ADHD don't experience it. But also, people without ADHD can also experience it. It's not currently considered a diagnosable medical condition by psychologists or doctors.

I personally think it's tied heavily to mobile phone use, but try to get people to limit or reduce their mobile phone usage to help manage the issue.

It's not a medically recognised symptom of ADHD. That's not to say people with ADHD don't experience it. But also, people without ADHD can also experience it. It's not currently considered a diagnosable medical condition by psychologists or doctors.

I personally think it's tied heavily to mobile phone use, but try to get people to limit or reduce their mobile phone usage to help manage the issue.
I have seen people start medication and have a lot of their time-based issues go away. They weren't "cured", but they changed that aspect a lot. It's telling that it comes back when they are not on medication.

"Time blindness" is not the specific name, but time management and tracking seems to be a usual part of a diagnosis. Yeah sure people lose track of time, but ADHD isn't just a "whoops silly me I was playing Squaredle and missed my TV show". It's chronic.

This chap explains his work on it:

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back