Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen people start medication and have a lot of their time-based issues go away. They weren't "cured", but they changed that aspect a lot. It's telling that it comes back when they are not on medication.

"Time blindness" is not the specific name, but time management and tracking seems to be a usual part of a diagnosis. Yeah sure people lose track of time, but ADHD isn't just a "whoops silly me I was playing Squaredle and missed my TV show". It's chronic.

This chap explains his work on it:

Yeah, they say it appears to present more often in people with ADHD and autism, but not limited to, and as long as doctors and psychologists don't consider it medically diagnosable or an official symptom, people will be be hard pressed to get workplaces to accommodate it. And ultimately, workplaces can be accommodating and still say they aren't going to allow haphazard working hours for one person or allow work to go undone because they operated on a different schedule. It really feels like something the individual will have to manage with medication or other strategies.

As I said, my wife has ADHD and works in a deadline focused job. It's admittedly not an ideal pairing, but the deadlines simply aren't going anywhere, so she has had to develop the strategies to manage this one.

Last edited:
Yeah, they say it appears to present more often in people with ADHD and autism, but as long as doctors and psychologists don't consider it medically diagnosable or an official symptom, people will be be hard pressed to get workplaces to accommodate it.
Definitely.

And ultimately, workplaces can be accommodating and still say they aren't going to change their regular working hours for one person or allow work to go undone because they operated on a different schedule. It really feels like something the individual will have to manage with medication or other strategies.
Yes - but accommodations aren't just changing hours or ignoring missed deadlines. Assisting with development and implementation of strategies. Not ignoring people looking for help. I think the girl in that video was a bit OTT, but the takeaway that she was asking to be allowed to arrive late every day seemed a bit simplistic.

As I said, my wife has ADHD and works in a deadline focused job. It's admittedly not an ideal pairing, but the deadlines simply aren't going anywhere, so she has had to develop the strategies manage this one.
I suppose any disability is the same. But medication and strategies aren't 100%. People need help.

School nearby has older multilevel buildings without much accessibility for kids with physical impairments - permanent or temporary. If a kid breaks their leg, they are accommodated through all of their classes getting moved to the bottom level classrooms. Like, every day for weeks. Kids forget, show up at the wrong class, teachers complain... it's a big job to manage. But they do it.

I don't see why ADHD or ASD should get lesser accommodations and effort.

People who can't grasp that you're allowed to drive at the speed limit when passing a cop/speed camera.

Just earlier I was driving down and 80km/h road stuck behind a single car doing 74. At this point I'm already pissed off cause all I want to do when driving is do the speed limit. So we come up to this speed camera and all of the sudden this campaigner slams his breaks and I almost end up his ass. I give him a "wtf" gesture and I can see him point at the speed camera. When I next looked at my speedo I was doing 50km/h.

He wiped of at least 24km/h of his already below speed limit speed in a second ffs.

Luckily the kangaroo and the angus/homer moves can fit almost any beat. True visionary.
Interesting interpretation
Art truly does lie in the eyes of the beholder

Myself I probably would have called that act something along the lines of “ I’m a moron and I don’t belong here “ and it certainly didn’t go with the music either

People who can't grasp that you're allowed to drive at the speed limit when passing a cop/speed camera.

Just earlier I was driving down and 80km/h road stuck behind a single car doing 74. At this point I'm already pissed off cause all I want to do when driving is do the speed limit. So we come up to this speed camera and all of the sudden this campaigner slams his breaks and I almost end up his ass. I give him a "wtf" gesture and I can see him point at the speed camera. When I next looked at my speedo I was doing 50km/h.

He wiped of at least 24km/h of his already below speed limit speed in a second ffs.

I think most people have been guilty of doing that.

I know a guy who got pulled over by the cops and received a warning for driving more than 10 km below the speed limit.

Why dont they put the charging point on an iphone at the top rather than bottom. Would be more convenient when using it and its plugged in charging
The same point (on mine anyway) is also used for the earpieces ☹️. Can’t do both at once 😟

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah wasn't that a lovely choice to remove the headphone jack and use the charging port

****ing tech companies

It annoyed me once upon a time but I'm glad they did it.

It sought of forced to me to go to airpods and I'm glad I made the switch.

It annoyed me once upon a time but I'm glad they did it.

It sought of forced to me to go to airpods and I'm glad I made the switch.
Forcing people to do that isn't good though

Removing choice and functionality to make more money belongs in the things that shit me thread really

Like car companies replacing mirrors with cameras and screens

Forcing people to do that isn't good though

Removing choice and functionality to make more money belongs in the things that shit me thread really

Like car companies replacing mirrors with cameras and screens

Well it was my own choice after all, A guy at worked used airpods and I had had enough of having to buy new headphones every 3 months or so.

Have you used Bluetooth Bose Headphones for the past 7 or so years so it's not bothered me.
Yeah I love my Sony xm3 , I think Bose were out of my price range at the time of convincing my wife 😂

I don't understand why two women would get up and walk out of Alien: Romulus 90 to 100 minutes into a 120-minute movie. Nothing specific happened at the time, there was no change in tone or anything, and it seems a little late in to decide this film is not for you.

I don't understand why two women would get up and walk out of Alien: Romulus 90 to 100 minutes into a 120-minute movie. Nothing specific happened at the time, there was no change in tone or anything, and it seems a little late in to decide this film is not for you.
maybe a bear texted them to come home

I've got a mate who says that seeing Sigourney Weaver in her knickers in Alien propelled him into puberty.
Shelley long in night shift did that to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back