Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

People who, when catching up with one of your best friends, ask them how you are.

But youā€™ve never personally heard from these people in years šŸ˜‚

I seriously donā€™t get it

People who, when catching up with one of your best friends, ask them how you are.

But youā€™ve never personally heard from these people in years šŸ˜‚

I seriously donā€™t get it
Happens to me.
I occasionally get asked about a couple of mates from people that don't see them anymore

I assume most people have a random jar/ashtray/mug full of coins that they've dumped from their pocket after going to the pub or the bakery.

My question is what people do with money. I have this big ****ing 1 litre mason jar full of coins... I have no idea how much, but there's plenty of gold - but I'm never taking (guesstimating) 80 bucks in coins anywhere.

What do I do with this shit?

I assume most people have a random jar/ashtray/mug full of coins that they've dumped from their pocket after going to the pub or the bakery.

My question is what people do with money. I have this big ****ing 1 litre mason jar full of coins... I have no idea how much, but there's plenty of gold - but I'm never taking (guesstimating) 80 bucks in coins anywhere.

Buy something nice for your self.

Buy something nice for your self.

And just pay for it in coins? That feels so weird.

edit: I guess the pub over the road already thinks I'm weird, it'd probably be on brand if I took a mason jar of coins in there and bought a carton.

Take it to the bank and dump it in the coin deposit machine - I literally did it this morning with a coffee tin and there was $147 bucks in it

Be a philanthropist and Walk around the carpark for a day paying peopleā€™s parking metres

Take it to the bank and dump it in the coin deposit machine - I literally did it this morning with a coffee tin and there was $147 bucks in it

I don't reckon I've been in a bank in a decade - tell me more. Does it count it for you? Do I have to have an account at that bank to pay it into, or does it just spit out cash?

My bank has a coin counter ATM thingy. Pour them in and away it goes. I assume it's not cheating me...

Rips out 10% fee for non-customers I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't reckon I've been in a bank in a decade - tell me more. Does it count it for you? Do I have to have an account at that bank to pay it into, or does it just spit out cash?

I did it at a Comm bank who I have an account with, you literally just put your card in like you do an ATM and dump the coins in the tray and it counts all for you. You can choose to put it straight into your account or itā€™ll give you a voucher to give to the teller if you want cash.

It's a machine it's too hard to get a bank teller these days .
Pour the coins eg cash in .
Pretty sure it gives you notes back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back