Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Some places have a limit on the amount you can pay in coins. I remember seeing an old lady dump about $50 in $2 coins onto a supermarket counter and the attendant said that $20 in coins was their limit.

It’s aggravating and time-wasting for a shop person to have to count coins. Plus errors could happen if there are a lot.

There are donation tins and tip jars in many stores, put a handful in whenever you see one.
Twenty-five $2 coins is hardly testing the old noggin. If it was a mix of gold and silver coins, I could understand the concern, but c'mon, they should have helped an old lady out.

Twenty-five $2 coins is hardly testing the old noggin. If it was a mix of gold and silver coins, I could understand the concern, but c'mon, they should have helped an old lady out.
They did, actually, but they did ask her not to make a habit of it.

The saddest thing is the OAP who opens her purse when buying a $5.95 coffee and puts a pile of coins on the counter

1. She is one of the few people technology has passed by /confused
2. That she is literally counting her pennies to have a treat
3. That the 14 people lined up behind her have to wait
My dear late mother had a very heavy purse full of coins because she always paid with a note. I’d point out that she could easily pay for her coffee (or whatever) with some of the coins but she’d say, “I don’t want to hold people up.” So it was number 3 with her 😏.

The saddest thing is the OAP who opens her purse when buying a $5.95 coffee and puts a pile of coins on the counter

1. She is one of the few people technology has passed by /confused
2. That she is literally counting her pennies to have a treat
3. That the 14 people lined up behind her have to wait

I don't know if happens these days .

But it was common too.
Put pineapple on the bar order a pot the bar person puts the change on the bar next to your beer 🍺.
Every time you get a beer they take the money form your stash.

I don't know if happens these days .

But it was common too.
Put pineapple on the bar order a pot the bar person puts the change on the bar next to your beer 🍺.
Every time you get a beer they take the money form your stash.
Very common at the pubs I worked at too.

Was the same for me the old boys would rock up 10 am.

Fire had to be stoked and beers cold .
Everyone had to seat in their spots too.
God forbid there was a noob behind the bar who didn't know they had a favourite glass too.

My dear late mother had a very heavy purse full of coins because she always paid with a note. I’d point out that she could easily pay for her coffee (or whatever) with some of the coins but she’d say, “I don’t want to hold people up.” So it was number 3 with her 😏.

That's how I ended up with a jar full of coins to begin with!

Old boys drank out of 6 Oz glasses .

Don't give them a beer in anything else.
We had a couple of old boys who insisted on pint mugs rather than glasses, one, a pipe smoking medical doctor would do twelve hour sessions on a Saturday, first in last out. He was 150 odd kgs too, we were always terrified he'd fall over because short of hiring a crane we weren't getting him back up. Lovely old chap, unsurprisingly died of liver cancer about ten years back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were great days worked Thurs to Sun ...
Boss would ring from the kitchen come over for breakfast.

Did get in trouble for not cooking the right thing for breakfast for a guest.
Back then i didn't know how to cook...
They said it wasn't what they asked for.
But it was nice never the less.... amazing I didn't set the kitchen on fire.

We had a couple of old boys who insisted on pint mugs rather than glasses, one, a pipe smoking medical doctor would do twelve hour sessions on a Saturday, first in last out. He was 150 odd kgs too, we were always terrified he'd fall over because short of hiring a crane we weren't getting him back up. Lovely old chap, unsurprisingly died of liver cancer about ten years back.

I sold a kitchen on market place .

This young couple brought it .

Any woo the guy uncle worked at the pub with me .
I used to share a taxi home with him lived close to me.

He said John my old boss passed away ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back