Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Martin kicks 5 vs Carlton :roflv1: :roflv1::moustache:.

Scrambled eggs make me think of the day after the night before parties.
Me too - one time after an end of term dinner at uni I had a major hangover and a mate said if you have something to eat and hold it down you will feel better. So I gave the rubbery scrambled eggs a go but duly bought them back up. When I complained to my mate about his advice he said I did specify IF you held it down :(

Not anymore it's not. It's an awful spectacle these days with confusing rules and umpire interpretations of these rules.
its all funny thoif you treat it as a comedy sportstainment Not a sport as such.

Too many inherent unfairness and narratives and biases. And amateur ish things. Like umpiring. And making it up on the run.

It tries to be a sport like professional sports elsewhere. But its not. And if you look at it through that lense. Its. So. God. Damned. Funny. And entertaining

Schools holding graduation ceremonies before the kids have even sat their exams.

I understand wanting to ensure everyone is included, but in our day we at least called it something else.
that isn’t unusual for year 12 though. NSW hsc was term 4 to term 3, so farewell stuff in grand final week. And if you got that far in coursework without dropping out and merely sat exams you can’t exactly pass or fail, just atar ranked. I don’t remember what it was called either, but was an institution farewell for the students as a school-going cohort body basically, together for the last time. After that I just rocked up for the couple subject exams (which could be invigilated anywhere really, could imagine some schools possibly not even having the exams on-site).

Last edited:
i dont get how schools start year 12 stuff at end of year 11?
like if the curriculum isnt full enough, add some life skills courses like doing your taxes, changing tyres and oil on your car, how not to be a shit-campaigner , etc

like if the curriculum isnt full enough, add some life skills courses like doing your taxes, changing tyres and oil on your car, how not to be a shit-campaigner , etc

That is all stuff parents should teach their kids but the lazy campaigners want to palm it all off on the schools.

That is all stuff parents should teach their kids but the lazy campaigners want to palm it all off on the schools.
100% i do - when i did year11 it went to dec, and we didnt start year 12 til the next year

i dont getthe whole school systems, like changing cut off for the birthday and when you start from june to jan back to june and then march. ffs just make it 1 Jan like the calendar is. no matter where you have it there are always people on the cusp either side. how does movign it solve it.

That used to be what the thick kids were taught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My previous school there was an issue because the year 11s ordered and received their senior jerseys before the end of the year and were wearing them. This of course didn't go over well with the year 12s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back