Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Been going on for a while (separating the year 9s)

They're the worst of the bunch for teaching and the approach above makes sense.
I turned into a ****ing banshee in year 9. It was like I’d been possessed. Only lasted the year, really.

I wish it had've happened in year 9... I was very young for my age group, I was only just 17 when I finished year 12. So my super shitty period didn't start til I was in year 11 and, combined with a family break up, largely ruined my HSC years and severely limited everything that came after that :(

It is amazing how kids can just be well behaved and nice and then the switch goes off and it's over.

Private schools are usually ok, but public...wowee I couldn't imagine
My experience with private schools in the 80s is that they were a breeding ground for toxic masculinity from the top down.

its near on 20 years ago now but between pathways footy and other sports had me hanging out with ALOT of the elite Melbourne private school boys and the attitude towards women (schoolgirls) was pretty ****ed.

I think a lack of exposure just had them view women as objects and not people.

its near on 20 years ago now but between pathways footy and other sports had me hanging out with ALOT of the elite Melbourne private school boys and the attitude towards women (schoolgirls) was pretty ****ed.

I think a lack of exposure just had them view women as objects and not people.
My school's idea of pastoral care was ticking your name off the roll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back