Things more aggressive than our recruitment strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

hulk screaming GIF

…maybe

Weirdly, so far we're looking like one of the teams who could have a fantastic off season.

Huh, maybe this thread was jumping the gun with negativity again, who'd have thought it.
I think the contrast with our normal approach is what's notable

It's like we've thrown every aspect of our list management and salary cap management out the window and done the opposite of what we normally do.

Hallelujah

It's taken years of terrible results to get us here but hopefully the penny has dropped, we aren't over-paying mid-range players, we aren't busily signing up good club men like McHenry early in the season and we're an actual player in trade week.

Yeah OK us negative types didn't see it coming but in our defence the odds were in our favour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George is the Mayor of Bedwetter City. Don't pick on him for living his truth.
Tag me if you’re going to insult me Velvet Man.

If you just didn’t like any post that criticises me you’ll realise he made a bullshit claim that he couldn’t back up, then pretends he doesn’t know what I’m talking about. The embarrassing thing is you liked it, so what did you like exactly 🤣

I think the contrast with our normal approach is what's notable

It's like we've thrown every aspect of our list management and salary cap management out the window and done the opposite of what we normally do.

Hallelujah

It's taken years of terrible results to get us here but hopefully the penny has dropped, we aren't over-paying mid-range players, we aren't busily signing up good club men like McHenry early in the season and we're an actual player in trade week.

Yeah OK us negative types didn't see it coming but in our defence the odds were in our favour
If we recruited Graeme Wright or something I'd wonder if we've somehow entered the Matrix.

From what I can tell people are mistaking voice of reason style analysis for negativity.

Its great some of you on here are blindly excited because we got some shiny new toys for Christmas. But last time I checked none of these players have won us a game yet let alone propelled us to finals. Two of the three players played in a finals side that got ousted in straight sets and the third one played in a side that didnt play finals at all. So time will tell how much of a springboard these players can be.

I do think the big positive to come out of this off season is that Nicks now has everything the club said he needs. There is definitely an injection of talent, we gained some sound experience in the coaching department and our list has some good depth but some development needs to happen.

So I equate this to Nicks and the club have run out of excuses now and they treat Nicks to the standard of other coaches.

Some of you are easily satisfied
I have mixed feelings.

Can’t knock getting 3 best 22 players in.

Feels like we’ve fallen arse backwards into it though.

ANB has time back for personal reasons.

Peatling seems to be coming as Cumming is coming.

We should expect to attract players in this fashion most years, but we strike out a lot. Even on ex SA players.

I have mixed feelings.

Can’t knock getting 3 best 22 players in.

Feels like we’ve fallen arse backwards into it though.

ANB has time back for personal reasons.

Peatling seems to be coming as Cumming is coming.

We should expect to attract players in this fashion most years, but we strike out a lot. Even on ex SA players.
lol .. classic Adelaide negative feelings because you don't believe you deserve anything better

FMD .. after spending nearly 30 years interstate I struggle with the negativity here

We're worthy and we're good enough

Some of you are easily satisfied
Compared to last year where we brought in a guy who couldn't get a game for a basket case side, this feels like winning the lotto.

Compared to last year where we brought in a guy who couldn't get a game for a basket case side, this feels like winning the lotto.
And the 2 years prior?

None of the 3 we are getting are anywhere near the quality of Rankine and Dawson

Of the list of players who’ll be moving this trade period, our 3 wouldn’t be in the top 10.

lol .. classic Adelaide negative feelings because you don't believe you deserve anything better
Not sure how you reached that conclusion. It’s literally the opposite of what I was saying.

I feel like this should be somewhat par for an offseason, or ok maybe slightly better than normal. Most are doing cartwheels though because we’re used to rejection.

Not sure how you reached that conclusion. It’s literally the opposite of what I was saying.

I feel like this should be somewhat par for an offseason, or ok maybe slightly better than normal. Most are doing cartwheels though because we’re used to rejection.
Trading players in has been awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Things more aggressive than our recruitment strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back