Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Received a job application today that said something along the lines of 'I am writing to you today to apply for the position at insert organisation here'
I'm glad you wrote this. All my cover letters start with that. :$ Didn't realise it was a bad thing. Actually can you mebby and Cakey help me out with this? I'm applying for tons of jobs but having no luck. I got one of my fiancee's friends to help out with the cv but maybe my cover letters need a bit more help.

I'm glad you wrote this. All my cover letters start with that. :$ Didn't realise it was a bad thing. Actually can you mebby and Cakey help me out with this? I'm applying for tons of jobs but having no luck. I got one of my fiancee's friends to help out with the cv but maybe my cover letters need a bit more help.
This guy also sent his application by forwarding his email from the agency that made his resume for him, including their email to him

I'm not an HR person, I'm just the one responsible for hiring our casuals, so Mebby will be much more helpful.

I'd definitely be tailoring each cover letter and even resume in some cases to each application. If you're sending a generic application it won't sell yourself as well as if you alter it to give them what the advertisement wants.

My boyfriend has been looking for work for months, it's not easy

I've only been looking three weeks but not seriously.

Did some on-site work for one of our clients for a couple of weeks and every morning without fail one of the guys there would compliment the shoes of the girl in his team.

Hearing two guys at my work (who I think are older than me - probably 40s) discussing each other's Instagram pages

Being in a conversation with a guy who mocked The Stooges for being overrated only to find out his favourite band is 'Death Cab for Cutie'

People that collect Simpsons merchandise

Obese slobs who walk with no sense of purpose

Hearing two guys at my work (who I think are older than me - probably 40s) discussing each other's Instagram pages

Being in a conversation with a guy who mocked The Stooges for being overrated only to find out his favourite band is 'Death Cab for Cutie'

People that collect Simpsons merchandise

Obese slobs who walk with no sense of purpose

I now have a purpose. Making people cringe. Must wear Simpsons t-shirt more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hash tagging weddings. e.g. #jack&jillwed2017

I've probably said this before but when the bridal party dance into the reception like they're in a Katy Perry film clip.

People hashtag weddings so that they can see all the Instagram photos by searching the hashtag.

As far as cringeworthy wedding/social media things go that actually isn't too bad.
Jesus wept. Where do you stand on photo booths with all the props (big glasses, moustache, **** rings etc) then?

Jesus wept. Where do you stand on photo booths with all the props (big glasses, moustache, **** rings etc) then?

515793d1298729120-ot-how-lame-is-this-lamemeter.jpg

they're a bit cheesey, but ultimately perfectly embody the intended atmosphere of a wedding, which despite being a formal occasion is also meant to be frivolous and joyous and allow the guests to be a bit silly. Of course this reasoning doesn't work when you get drunk and try and chat up a bridesmaid only to find out that her large greek boyfriend is sitting at ur table WHOOPSA DIDDLY!!!!

they're a bit cheesey, but ultimately perfectly embody the intended atmosphere of a wedding, which despite being a formal occasion is also meant to be frivolous and joyous and allow the guests to be a bit silly. Of course this reasoning doesn't work when you get drunk and try and chat up a bridesmaid only to find out that her large greek boyfriend is sitting at ur table WHOOPSA DIDDLY!!!!

LOL weddings are about one-upmanship. Our invitations are better than yours therefore our love is stronger and that sort of garb.

thats a very cynical view of things, this is why u havent found ur princess yet

weddings can get out of control, some of the weddings I've been to were absolutely ridiculous

Yeah, being a single guy at a Maco/Greek/Serb wedding is fraught with danger that anglo weddings just don't have.

I attended a number of weddings over the course of 3 months (like 6) that were all friends or friends of my girlfriends. The judgement that goes on by some people is ridiculous. I usually avoided these people which were pretty much an even split of a couple (if 1 person was judgmental, their wife/husband/transmarried was as well).

I may have come across as a bit dicky but my point was trying to be that people try and make it about them and give no thoughts about why they are there in the first place. Best wedding I have been to was a friend who got married on his parents property and had his dogs and other animals banging about, basically got drunk in the bush and they had buses waiting for us at midnight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back