Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Payne's death made me feel both old and sad. I have some inkling what a lot of the young people mourning him are going through because I suspect for many it will be the first time a contemporary be that someone they had admired or knew has died and that first brush with mortality can hit you like a f***ing Mack truck. A guy I went to primary school with brother in law drove into the back of a petrol tanker on the road back from Melbourne when I was about fifteen and I was numb for weeks even though we were never particularly close. Nowadays conversations begin too often with news about someone's parents dying or someone's health issues.
I cant say I mourned his death but for me it is the realisation that now famous people from when i was a teenager will die.

For context i was born a month after Liam.

My son gave my wife and I a journal where we write about our lives and pass it on to the next generations
I’ve just started on it and it brings back so many memories
Great idea for a gift
I’m writing everything down , the good the bad and the ugly .
Lots of incriminating stuff to be revealed but my kids are old enough now to make up their own minds on how they feel about the stuff I did at their age .
They don’t even come close ( yet ) which is great as a parent .
One is 19 , the other 22 and neither are into much dodgy stuff

Last edited:

My son gave my wife and I a journal where we write about our lives and pass it on to the next generations
I’ve just started on it and it brings back so many memories
Great idea for a gift
I’m writing everything down , the good the bad and the ugly .
Lots of incriminating stuff to be revealed big my kids are old enough now to make up their own minds on how they feel about the stuff I did at their age .
They don’t even come close ( yet ) which is great as a parent .
One is 19 , the other 22 and neither are into much dodgy stuff
That's a great idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back