Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone is 27 years old released 26 June 1997

Welcome to our world kids
I’ve never read any Harry Potter or seen the films. I tried to read one once, to see what all the fuss was about. Lasted one chapter, boring.

I’m not into fantasy. But I did like Stephen King’s The Stand. Anything by King, actually.

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone is 27 years old released 26 June 1997

Welcome to our world kids
Remember reading the books when I was a kid.

Umbridge is the most detestable character in that whole series.

Also my mates kids were watching Roblox youtube and seeing Zyzz be referred to as "robolx dance guy", Kids nowadays not knowing the legends of the past

Imagine how this dude is feeling.

Literally this in real life.

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My younger in law siblings calling the really cool thrash and death metal bands I listen to "dad rock".
When the AM stations that used to play The Eagles and Elton John started playing Metallica and Nirvana I felt the urge to suddenly tuck my shirt into my shorts and stop trimming my ear and nose hair. 👴

When the AM stations that used to play The Eagles and Elton John started playing Metallica and Nirvana I felt the urge to suddenly tuck my shirt into my shorts and stop trimming my ear and nose hair. 👴
Hot

1719881783071.png

That's pretty much every male high school teacher I had.
My grandfather went to Bali when I was 13 and brought me back about 30 pairs of those knee high socks as a present. My favourite teacher of all time in 1984 looked exactly like those guys.

My older brother turns 75 today. It seems like only yesterday that we were fighting in our bedroom, playing running bases, and listening to the latest Beatles record on our portable 45rpm record player. He ended up being a four term elected sheriff in Arizona.

Just saw that John Farnham turned 75 a day earlier.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
About to complete my 7th year as a dirty rotten mainlander 🤢

About to complete my 7th year as a dirty rotten mainlander 🤢
I love Tassie, but after reading about visitors to Cradle Mountain this week being told to bring their own water as all the water pipes are frozen at the moment... I shuddered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back