Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

It's taken me almost two weeks to shake a cold and chest infection even after being on antibiotics for ten days. I haven't been outside since I saw my GP on June 25. Thirty years ago I would have had a Bex and a lie down for a couple of hours and would have been fine. Well, maybe a bit of Vicks on my chest that night, too.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My older brother turns 75 today. It seems like only yesterday that we were fighting in our bedroom, playing running bases, and listening to the latest Beatles record on our portable 45rpm record player. He ended up being a four term elected sheriff in Arizona.

Just saw that John Farnham turned 75 a day earlier.

Must have been bloody insane to listen to stuff like Sgt Peppers as a kid on record.

Joints injuries that don't quite heal up for months.
My Ankle ligaments going into the third month now and still a bit swollen and painful
Definitely don’t have the full movement and range back yet

Feels like it’s going to be another few months at least 🙄

Must have been bloody insane to listen to stuff like Sgt Peppers as a kid on record.
His first Beatles record was 'I Want to Hold Your Hand'.

My first record was the A/B sided 'Wouldn't It Be Nice'/'God Only Knows'. I still have all of my 45s(most from the 60s) and 33s from the 60s to 80s. At this stage, they're all going to a friend in my will unless I sell them before my demise.

Last edited:
I'm still getting over a bad cold after three weeks, and my sciatica is playing up because I haven't been very mobile. It just seems like one thing after another. The best thing so far this year was the completion of my cataract surgery. I have the far vision of a 20 year old now.

I'm still getting over a bad cold after three weeks, and my sciatica is playing up because I haven't been very mobile. It just seems like one thing after another. The best thing so far this year was the completion of my cataract surgery. I have the far vision of a 20 year old now.

When was your last trip back to the States Chicago1 ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I arrived back here in May 2017. I'd love to visit my brother in Phoenix and go to Vegas with him like we did at least three times a year. However, my flying days are over. I actually need a helper any time I leave my retirement village to push me in my hybrid walker/transit chair for any long distance. It's my Tesla.

I flew out here eight times in the 17 years I lived back in the Chicago area. My favourite trip was in late Sept 2016.

His first Beatles record was 'I Want to Hold Your Hand'.

My first record was the A/B sided 'Wouldn't It Be Nice'/'God Only Knows'. I still have all of my 45s(most from the 60s) and 33s from the 60s to 80s. At this stage, they're all going to a friend in my will unless I sell them before my demise.

My first record was Nas' Illmatic.

Records are back in big way.

I am 30 years old and have more records then CDs at this stage.

My first record was Nas' Illmatic.

Records are back in big way.

I am 30 years old and have more records then CDs at this stage.

The first CD I bought with my own money was Jet's Shaka Rock lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back