Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

My first record was Nas' Illmatic.

Records are back in big way.

I am 30 years old and have more records then CDs at this stage.

That NAS album is great. My first was Pearl Jam - Vitalogy

There is a Spanish footballer (who will be playing in the Euros final) who is 16. Mental.

Paul Rosas Jr had his first UFC fight at 17 and won by first round submission, imagine strutting around at recess on the Monday?

I love Tassie, but after reading about visitors to Cradle Mountain this week being told to bring their own water as all the water pipes are frozen at the moment... I shuddered

Was at cradle mountain 🌄 last year.
Love that place.
The day I left it snowed the place in no bues or anything going in.
I heard no cars will allowed in soon bues only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That American actress and singer Zendaya was born on the same day the Fitzroy Lions played their last match prior to the merger - Sunday 1st September 1996.

I had a look to see if anyone famous was born on the days that the Brisbane Bears (Saturday, 21st September 1996) and University (Saturday 29th August 1914) played their last games but couldn't find any significant names.

That American actress and singer Zendaya was born on the same day the Fitzroy Lions played their last match prior to the merger - Sunday 1st September 1996. .

I went to that match since I had gone to many Fitzroy matches when they played at the Whitten Oval. I happened to run into an American couple who were staying across the street at the Hilton and had followed the crowd to the game. They had never even heard of Aussie Rules. I tried to give a simplistic explanation of what they were watching. I did tell them the importance of the match. They left before halftime, but rather liked what they had seen. I hadn't thought of that match for ages. It really was emotional. Glad I went.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back