Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

The thought of how much your old teachers plus auxillary staff and parents of your schoolmates have aged.

Oh, and that some of your yearmates have either gone bald or are developing greys.
The first high school I went to (years 8 to 10) one student went grey haired in his early 20s and another went bald at the same age.

From the same school a female classmate who was frequently bullied got pregnant in year 9 and the kid is in their 20s.

From my second primary school a few mothers of 18 year old kids now exist.

There's a generation of kids that aren't finding it as easy to beat their parents at computer games as my vintage (43) did.
My dad (born in 50s) was very perfectionist at that stuff, remember getting dominated by him at various games like Age of Empires and Space Invaders. In fact he played more games as a grown up than I did.

The thought of how much your old teachers plus auxillary staff and parents of your schoolmates have aged.

Oh, and that some of your yearmates have either gone bald or are developing greys.
I see my year 8 English teacher at the footy regularly. He hasn't changed much.

My brothers hairline however has retreated. He's only 30.

My best mate who I met 20 years ago in December well he has no hairline. It's gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to see Gremlins on the big screen at a retro cinema with my son. It’s 40 years old. If I had watched a 40-year-old movie when I was my son’s age, we’d be talking late 1940s. Would have felt like a relic of ancient history.

Funny .

Movies like gone in 60 secs...Jason Bourne etc are re makes.

Then we have all seen the Karate kid and footloose etc ..
And they have been re made ..

Speaking of retro cinema SBS are showing old episodes of The Movie Show with David Stratton and Margaret Pomeranz.

That was a must watch show back in the 90s if you had any interest in movies back then to see what movies to watch or not.

Speaking of retro cinema SBS are showing old episodes of The Movie Show with David Stratton and Margaret Pomeranz.

That was a must watch show back in the 90s if you had any interest in movies back then to see what movies to watch or not.

Margo was pretty harsh on movies from memory.

Margaret is hilarious
Her pieces on Charlie Pickering show are gold

Margo was pretty harsh on movies from memory.

I generally trusted David's opinion on movies more than hers, they very rarely agreed which is what made that show so good.

That show would have been boring if they just had the same opinion about movies and just agreed with each other all the time.

Margaret is hilarious
Her pieces on Charlie Pickering show are gold

Yeah she is pretty funny on that show but she looks old now which makes me feel old.

I generally trusted David's opinion on movies more than hers, they very rarely agreed which is what made that show so good.

Yeah she is pretty funny on that show but she looks old now which makes me feel old.
I think she may have always looked old

I remember when Marg & David rated some superhero movies positively - which neither of them would have expected to do

They would be thoroughly sick of all the superhero movies these days though, I know I am.

Went to see Gremlins on the big screen at a retro cinema with my son. It’s 40 years old. If I had watched a 40-year-old movie when I was my son’s age, we’d be talking late 1940s. Would have felt like a relic of ancient history.
How old is your son? My kids are real sticks in the mud when I suggest watching a movie that I loved as a child 😡

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back