Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

David Stratton made a pass at one of my mate's mum at a party in the 70s.
Meaning GIF

Now that you mention it, my mum introduced us to The Birds & To Kill A Mockingbird circa when they turned 40. Childhood faves of hers and we loved them (in adulthood ended up seeing a retro screening of The Birds with her in 2012 and the crowd passion and hilarity was unforgettable).

To be fair though, I certainly prefer old movies moreso than my boomer parents currently do.

Getting together with people you haven't seen for a long time is depressing - they look so old so maybe I do too! :'(

One bloke i worked with a while back .
Came into my work someone asked him to help us out.
Boy he looked old.
I said wow what happened to your hair 😂....was a bit wider too...

One bloke i worked with a while back .
Came into my work someone asked him to help us out.
Boy he looked old.
I said wow what happened to your hair 😂....was a bit wider too...
A couple of my younger mates are going grey and need glasses now. I feel like Ryan Gosling next to these ancient flogs

How old is your son? My kids are real sticks in the mud when I suggest watching a movie that I loved as a child 😡
He's 11... he's been pretty good over the journey at watching old movies, started him early on Star Wars, showed him Willow and the Princess Bride when he was very young, has watched Back to the Future, Goonies, Indiana Jones, Men in Black, watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight just this week. Generally enjoyed them all as well.

He's 11... he's been pretty good over the journey at watching old movies, started him early on Star Wars, showed him Willow and the Princess Bride when he was very young, has watched Back to the Future, Goonies, Indiana Jones, Men in Black, watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight just this week. Generally enjoyed them all as well.
Show him The God's Must Be Crazy.

Goddamn it. I showed my eldest Star Wars and he complained there wasn't enough fighting :mad:
I might try Men in Black, he loves aliens etc. I really wanna show him Little Rascals but he has no interest.

Goddamn it. I showed my eldest Star Wars and he complained there wasn't enough fighting :mad:
I might try Men in Black, he loves aliens etc. I really wanna show him Little Rascals but he has no interest.

Your TV your house.
Make yourself some pop corn and snacks.etc.
They come to get some food from you ...every ten mins watching the movies you get a snack ...😂.

A couple of my younger mates are going grey and need glasses now. I feel like Ryan Gosling next to these ancient flogs
I'm losing the feathers up top but one of the only blokes in the group still training/playing sport. They call me old for the hair but they'll age at warp speed being so sedentary...

Best mate from high school glasses now, no sport, injured shoulder from army days, always dressed like he was 30 years older than he is anyway so Dad life isn't helping him any now. Behaves like a 60 year old yet I'm the "old one", go figure

A New Hope is his least favourite, he says it's quite slow, but it got him into the rest. His favourites are the prequels, I told my wife we would have to return him as he was clearly defective but she wasn't having any of it. He has come good though. Oh, he also loved The Matrix.

I still have lustrous hair, only a touch of grey. I might have been a 6/10 as a 20-year-old but with each passing year I stay in shape, I'm moving up that list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show him Poltergeist, or It. That’ll fix him 😉

A New Hope is his least favourite, he says it's quite slow, but it got him into the rest. His favourites are the prequels, I told my wife we would have to return him as he was clearly defective but she wasn't having any of it. He has come good though. Oh, he also loved The Matrix.
In my experience millennial Star Wars fans (who saw the re-release and prequels in their youth) can tend to like New Hope least. I’ve always been a SW casual and New Hope was easily the most appealing to me growing up, whereas my brothers who loved all that stuff tended to like all the others more and felt I was weird for doing so. New Hope is like a classical self-contained franchise-free adventure for those of us that don’t care to get bogged down in all that (Alien & Apes were the franchises I adored instead as a kid).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back