Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

I turned 72 on Tuesday. To commemorate the day I watched Superbad on TV - 7flix. Exactly 17 years earlier, I saw it at a cinema in Vegas, my first time using a senior discount ($3) on the day I turned 55. I was the oldest person in the cinema by quite a bit. I forget what else was playing at that cinema, but I must have been really desperate to watch that. McLovin.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The best thing so far this year was the completion of my cataract surgery. I have the far vision of a 20 year old now.

Just completed both eyes with LARS and I have to say even 2 days after the final surgery I am belittled by how bad my eyes were

I have to book an eye test in a month for my drivers licence but I am now without glasses for the first time in 37 years

Only problem is I still grab for them

Corporal punishment in schools didn't end until i was in Grade 3

Ahh the memories of screams and cries and wails and tears coming from the principal's office

I was never naughty enough to have to go there
I think it was banned when I started primary school. It was still used, despite the law, when I was in high school.

18 years 18 :(

I was in Vegas with my brother for our annual Chicago1's birthday extravaganza. I remember seeing the news on TV clearly. We were also in Vegas when the London Underground was bombed July 7, 2005. I guess I shouldn't have turned on the TV whenever we were there.

If I'm upright, I have to be either leaning on something or holding on to something just to brace myself for one.
hadn't done that for ages

wasn't fun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started getting headaches, which I never really had before. Donā€™t know if itā€™s age related but it makes me go to bed early.
When was the last time you had your vision checked?

Having a cutaneous horn(do not Google images) removed from my hand tomorrow. Had one removed from my forearm in Feb which was cancerous. Had a chunk of my arm under and around it removed too to get all of the cancer.

I guess I'm now paying for the times I went to the beach in the 70s and 80s after I moved here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back