Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

That with the exception of Jimmy Carter, who recently turned 100, the earliest living US president is Bill Clinton.
Had to check that. Actually incorrect.

Clinton was born on August 9 1946. George W Bush was born on July 6 1946.

Had to check that. Actually incorrect.

I couldn't find a way to word it that didn't create some confusion. I'm not referring to age (cause he's still younger than Biden) but the timeline of presidents. Carter is the last, then Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama, Trump, Biden. I thought there would be more alive that served before Clinton, but nope, just Carter.

I couldn't find a way to word it that didn't create some confusion. I'm not referring to age (cause he's still younger than Biden) but the timeline of presidents. Carter is the last, then Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama, Trump, Biden. I thought there would be more alive that served before Clinton, but nope, just Carter.
I did that thought experiment a few days ago so I knew what you meant

But I did not know this

I did that thought experiment a few days ago so I knew what you meant

But I did not know this
Hard to believe both are a month or two younger than Donald Trump, who is seeking office, when Clinton left office and Bush Jr assumed it nearly a quarter of a century ago.

Last edited:
most Presidents traditionally didn’t tend to live too long post office. Hoover (three decades) & Truman (two decades) were unusual at the time. Now it’s been a while since a recent President died. Post-LBJ they’ve tended to stick around. Reagan maybe the briefest and that was still an entire generation.

Bill Clinton was the youngest US President to take office since JFK but he hasn't aged well.

He looks older than Trump now despite them being the same age but at least he's lost weight since he was President.

SNL made fun of his weight and his penchant for fast food and cheating on Mrs Clinton with this sketch featuring Phil Hartman.

He was the President when I was living in the US and he was still popular despite being impeached and cheating on Mrs Clinton.

I reckon he would have got voted in for another term if he hadn't already served two terms already, Americans like alpha males.

That's one of the reasons Trump is still popular despite being impeached and cheating on Mrs Trump.

Last edited:
Bill Clinton felt like a breath of fresh air in 1992.

One of the best things he did was play sax on The Arsenio Hall Show, that won him a lot of votes with young and black people.

He was seen as the cool new Presidential contender which wasn't that hard when when he was up against George Bush Senior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing David Parkin up on the stage like a proper old man felt sad.

Even in 95 coaching Carlton to a flag he looked like a grumpy old guy.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s always a bit of a shock when you see someone after a numbers of years, and they’ve aged. Makes you think, maybe I have too 🤔 😟. (Not me personally, of course 😉 😒)

Going in to Epworth Richmond tomorrow morning for a Dobutamine(chemical) stress echo. Can't do the treadmill. My cardiologist was a bit concerned with the ekg that she took last week in her office. My regular AgedCare helper can't drive me so I have a different helper to drive me and push me in my transit chair. I was just at Epworth Richmond two weeks ago to see my nephrologist. Quite a ride from Melton. At least it gets me out of my retirement village for a few hours.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s always a bit of a shock when you see someone after a numbers of years, and they’ve aged. Makes you think, maybe I have too . (Not me personally, of course )
I know.

95 I was 14 FFS

Now 15 y.olds see me, a 44 y.o and prob think "old campaigner"

I enjoy it so it doesn't make me feel old but it's a sign of old when I look forward to daylight savings so I can spend more time in the garden

Some people think if you like gardening your a old coot .

But it's totally fine to be house proud.
I've liked gardening for years.Wanted to make a career from it , but that didn't happen.

Bill Clinton was the youngest US President to take office since JFK but he hasn't aged well.

He looks older than Trump now despite them being the same age but at least he's lost weight since he was President.

SNL made fun of his weight and his penchant for fast food and cheating on Mrs Clinton with this sketch featuring Phil Hartman.

He was the President when I was living in the US and he was still popular despite being impeached and cheating on Mrs Clinton.

I reckon he would have got voted in for another term if he hadn't already served two terms already, Americans like alpha males.

That's one of the reasons Trump is still popular despite being impeached and cheating on Mrs Trump.

How's Monica looking these days .

How's Monica looking these days .

She's aged better than Bill Clinton and she would be older now than Bill was back then.

monica-lewinsky-1-14a499ef123d4262aa988f4ca812f3bf.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back