Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why I have to try and make sure I don't swear ha ha

Do you have to umpire?

You might lose the ice cream from the cone if you have to single a four or a wide you lose both ice cream from your cones. :moustache:

Darren Lyons ex big brother ,night club owner ..ex mayor .
Was ump on this day .
I was bowling ...the opp captain was batting .
Bang four ..
Dot.
Dot.
Dot.
Bang straight drive I dive ball cracks into my knee....ouch ...can't walk sore AF...cpt says ok drinks ...Lyon says no stuff him ...no it's ok only one left in the over...it's ok.

Next ball middle stump out of the ground.

Lyon very grumpy 🤣🤣.
Was gold..

Skip walks past goes well done .

Darren Lyons ex big brother ,night club owner ..ex mayor .
Was ump on this day .
I was bowling ...the opp captain was batting .
Bang four ..
Dot.
Dot.
Dot.
Bang straight drive I dive ball cracks into my knee....ouch ...can't walk sore AF...cpt says ok drinks ...Lyon says no stuff him ...no it's ok only one left in the over...it's ok.

Next ball middle stump out of the ground.

Lyon very grumpy 🤣🤣.
Was gold..

Skip walks past goes well done .
I played cricket against Simon Tregenza a few times, he fluffed a throw to the keeper once and one of his teammates said "can't dispose of a cricket ball either".

I played cricket against Simon Tregenza a few times, he fluffed a throw to the keeper once and one of his teammates said "can't dispose of a cricket ball either".

We had some baseball players playing four us.
I was bowling...
They threw at the stumps missed ..= four over throws ... heck me cricket life 🤣.

Coaching my son's under 10 cricket team this season.
Get in the nets and make them bowl to you for hour on end dismantling the bowling

Kills time, you'll feel like a boss, and if they learn something all the better

Edit: Also remind the kids when you get to an oval how many runs you scored there. It gives you a lot more credibility and they never tire of hearing how good the coach was.

Also eat the morning tea first, push in line if need be. It's the only pay you'll get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

now its in my head!
Eddie Murphy Reaction GIF

Live pics from in your head 😜

My Dobutamine stress test showed that I have partial blockage in an artery. Looks like I will have an angioplasty and possible stent put in. I'll be having a TeleHealth appt with my cardiologist tomorrow to determine the next step. I was expecting this since I have a family history of heart problems- dad had a pacemaker, mum had a triple bypass and a brother had two stents put in.

About the only body organ that isn't acting up is my liver. And that's in spite of having a multitude of Bloody Marys during my many trips to Vegas.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get in the nets and make them bowl to you for hour on end dismantling the bowling

Kills time, you'll feel like a boss, and if they learn something all the better

Edit: Also remind the kids when you get to an oval how many runs you scored there. It gives you a lot more credibility and they never tire of hearing how good the coach was.

Also eat the morning tea first, push in line if need be. It's the only pay you'll get

"Yeah kids I remember playing here hungover as a campaigner in F grade 20 years ago, made 6, couldn't hit it off the square", I might leave my cricket career out of my pre game speeches!

My English grandfather, whose favourite player growing up was Duleepsinhji said you should teach kids the forward and backward defence and every shot they play afterwards is a development of those two shots.

It's good simple advice that's for sure. Most of the coaching paraphernalia say to not really concentrate on the technical aspects too much at this point, I disagree but will go along with that, to a point anyway.

They'll learn how to bowl the short ball though that's for sure, nothing in their half of the pitch will be the mantra.

"Yeah kids I remember playing here hungover as a campaigner in F grade 20 years ago, made 6, couldn't hit it off the square", I might leave my cricket career out of my pre game speeches!

It's good simple advice that's for sure. Most of the coaching paraphernalia say to not really concentrate on the technical aspects too much at this point, I disagree but will go along with that, to a point anyway.

They'll learn how to bowl the short ball though that's for sure, nothing in their half of the pitch will be the mantra.
They soon learn if they bowl four balls...they get dragged.
Early years is a good chance to learn things .

Hot! Hot?? Let me tell you about the time I had to swing my bat at anything just to get some shade

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back