Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

South Freo being the televised WAFL game. Going from one of the clubs best ever wins into watching the mighty doggies.

Did someone mention the mighty Doggies?

Screenshot_20240701_072632_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I carry around a notebook and always date my notes, e.g. "03/07".

I cross my zeroes (Ø) and sevens (7), and I get very excited when something like the 7th of July comes up in a few days (Ø77).

I cross my zeroes (Ø) and sevens (7), and I get very excited when something like the 7th of July comes up in a few days (Ø77).
Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

I’ve kept a diary for more than 20 years.

It's cool writing the date on the board at school when it's an interesting date.

Every single year without fail when it's my birthday I accidentally write my year of birth instead of the current year. The class are like "WTF?".

I cross my 7s, but don't normally cross 0s

I work with colleagues of different ages which makes it fun with the different ways of writing things. One day (not long ago) I was hand writing a licence plate that had both O & 0 in it, and to differentiate them I crossed the Ø - my Gen Z teammate looked at the Ø and asked what it meant 🤦‍♀️

The whole concept of crossing a zero was foreign to them

Nah I used to do calligraphy (nerd alert) and now my handwriting has all kinds of flourishes.

Eg my r looks like View attachment 2038298 and my s looks like View attachment 2038299
I write in cursive too, my first three years of school were spread across three states with three different ways to teach handwriting so I ended up going my own way. Your handwriting will be much better than mine though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HyTTec or another variety?
No idea, I just provide the land and let the “real farmer” do his thing. All I know is last time we had canola was the last time the farmer made any decent money as the crop was good and the price for canola was excellent. I’m trying to look into growing agave on my property for making Australian tequila.

"The "Crossed Seven" is commonly used throughout Europe, but, outside of mathematics, is sporadically used in the United States, and it is not permitted to be written on some inventory tags that are optically read by computers."

german numbers.png
When I learned German the explanation was that a hastily-written long-stroke 1 could be mistaken for a 7, hence they use crossed 7s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back