Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

So the farmers don't need the rain after all.
Happy Donald Trump GIF by Team Trump
Still need it, it may not grow more than this 😬

I have never understood why a 7 needs to be crossed.
It was traditionally crossed in the Arabic tradition, from which we derive our numbering system.

Heading back to my dream job after an 18 month contract in a different department. Best news is that the manager that runs the place is now under review for mismanagement and so the work environment is going to be so much better than when I left. I even have no anxiety about going back which I I’d had for a few years when I was last there.

Heading back to my dream job after an 18 month contract in a different department. Best news is that the manager that runs the place is now under review for mismanagement and so the work environment is going to be so much better than when I left. I even have no anxiety about going back which I I’d had for a few years when I was last there.

Perfect! One of our regional heads is on the rocks at my work which is awesome, long story but he’s an impediment to business and pisses our director off no end. Our director is awesome and I want him to stay which I think he will now.

Always good when shit managers get the boot, gives you confidence that the higher ups actually know what’s going on

Perfect! One of our regional heads is on the rocks at my work which is awesome, long story but he’s an impediment to business and pisses our director off no end. Our director is awesome and I want him to stay which I think he will now.

Always good when shit managers get the boot, gives you confidence that the higher ups actually know what’s going on
Yeah this guy just simply doesn’t understand our side of the business and has refused to learn it over the last ten years. He’s a sales and marketing guy but is also managing our production side but has never bothered to learn it. Now that everything is under review and our team is being listened too they can see he is the issue.

Yeah this guy just simply doesn’t understand our side of the business and has refused to learn it over the last ten years. He’s a sales and marketing guy but is also managing our production side but has never bothered to learn it. Now that everything is under review and our team is being listened too they can see he is the issue.

Yeah that can be a problem for sure. Ours is opposite, our regional head is a production guy and doesn’t understand sales and marketing ha ha

Yeah that can be a problem for sure. Ours is opposite, our regional head is a production guy and doesn’t understand sales and marketing ha ha
There’s also some dodgy paperwork being lodged, weird invoice pricing, missing stock and he’s been caught out blatantly lying about things. He’s close to retirement age and has heart/bp issues so it wouldn’t surprise me to see him retire within the next 6-12 months once the review is complete.

Currently in training for the Sydney marathon in September and completed my longest run so far on Tuesday, 30km in just under 3 hours. Pulled up well which was pleasing too!

Basically ran from Seacliff to Henley and back along the Esplanade. Only required the one Powerade at the halfway mark, otherwise got away with some brief water stops at fountains along the way.

Not sure I’ll ever put myself through this again, but I’m glad the training is paying off so far!

I cross my 7s and Zs but not my 0s.
Im the same my 3 year old absolutely ****ing hates it.

Cant say i blame him, the fast and loose rules on the English language have started and kids seem to get how stupid they really are.

Trying to explain Knife doesnt start with an N is just impossible.

Cant say i blame him, the fast and loose rules on the English language have started and kids seem to get how stupid they really are.

My granny taught English to Vietnamese refugees in the 80s and she'd regularly rage about all the inconsistencies.

"The "Crossed Seven" is commonly used throughout Europe, but, outside of mathematics, is sporadically used in the United States, and it is not permitted to be written on some inventory tags that are optically read by computers."

View attachment 2038540
When I learned German the explanation was that a hastily-written long-stroke 1 could be mistaken for a 7, hence they use crossed 7s.

This is my reason. In a rush, my 7s, 1s, Ls and Is can look very similar.

I get very itchy when my kids don’t cross their 7s! It’s a battle I’m not going to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I write in capitals which on the rare occasion I do write gets compliments for its neatness. They quickly wind that back when I tell them neat handwriting is a sign of perfect hand-eye coordination

Remove this Banner Ad

Back