Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

In early adulthood I worked in a job that encouraged block letter print (all caps) and it became an ingrained habit, never done lowercase cursive since really

I once worked in an archival records job and found my exact name in my exact handwriting from decades before I was born
surprise.gif

My neighbours. Someone from a couple of houses up the street noticed a tiger snake slithering along our front lawn and then going under the side gate. They were nice enough to leave a note on our front door alerting us and we were able to get a snake catcher out. They didn't find it but it nice that we knew it was there and have the reassurance of knowing it was gone. If they didn't say anything and it was still out the back and the dog went out there it would have ended badly.

My 15 year old daughter who runs her own cake making business just did a weeks work experience at the local bakery. Today she found out that the owner has paid for a yearā€™s subscription to a cake decorating and recipe site as a thank you to her. There really are some nice people around.

My 15 year old daughter who runs her own cake making business just did a weeks work experience at the local bakery. Today she found out that the owner has paid for a yearā€™s subscription to a cake decorating and recipe site as a thank you to her. There really are some nice people around.

Did she say to the boss "cake you very much?"

Dave Morris back in the news. He was one of the two people who self represented themselves in the famous McLibel trial against McDonald's that was the longest in British legal history and a complete disaster for the company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back